Thread: Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn account Error 0x80048849

Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn account Error 0x80048849

Currently I am using MSN mail. And I am using this from last seven month. And it was working properly before this week. But in this week when I open my mail account and try to send any message then it is not going. And after some day I came to know that whatever the messages my friends are sending me it is shown undelivered to them. Currently it is neither sending nor receiving the mails. So Please if you people aware through this issue then please help me as soon as you can. Because it is really irritating for me.

Re: Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn account Error 0x80048849

I am also getting the same issue and regarding this I have tried most of the solution which is given on to the forum site but it is not going to help me so I have also make thread here. If you know regarding this then help me. I have read the previous reply and I just want to tell you more related to my issue actually in that it shows the server error i.e. 0x80048849, second thing in that is Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' And the windows mail ID error is 0x80048849. And I am using this mail account from last three months and the last few days I could to just sign out and sign in again to receive email but it has not been working from the last week on 13th October.. So tell me any solution regarding this.

I know this issue because I have also aced this issue around one month ago. And regarding this I have got one solution which has fixed my problem so if you want then you can also try this. It will surely work for you also. So please you just follow these steps and also confirm that whether this is able to resolve your issue or not.
    1. Inside the "Home" tab, tick “Sign Out” and select "Sign out of Windows Live Mail"
    2. Tick the "Send/Receive" button.

And second thing in this if you are using Norton Internet Security 2011 Beta so please disable it otherwise it will not allow you to complete this task.

Hey thanks a lot buddy. I have tried your solution and it is really superb. Here I just want to inform you that regarding this I have also get one solution from one of the forum site and from there when I used it on my cousin’s Pc so it also fixes his problem also. Actually it is just a registry of the Windows Live Mail thing is that you have to delete that registry and your problem gets solved. The registry is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail. And one thing which I want to mention here does not try this if you are not an It professional in this because it will delete some of the files and folders also.

Whatever the solution is given here I have tried that and just want to tell you that my problem is still there. And regarding this I have tried to search the solution on to the different forum site also but there also there is no solution and most of the users are facing the same issue. When I read this then I think it will go to help for me but it is also not working. SO please if you have any better solution related to this then please post it as soon as you can.

I want to confirm that are you still receiving the same error message? If yes then please confirm this. I think this will going to help you. The first thing is that
    1. Does this matter only occur when signed in to the precise account?
    2. Did you attempt signing in once more? Did you come across the similar issue?

If there is like that then I would like to inquire for your Fiddler Trace so we are able to more examine your subject. And you just click here you will get the article and I think you will meet your solution.

What on earth is a Fiddler Trace? You say click here...but Where? there is nothing to click in your post.
    My problem is that it happens sometimes. I am always logged out of Hotmail as I only access & send via Live Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob France View Post
    What on earth is a Fiddler Trace? You say click here...but Where? there is nothing to click in your post.
    My problem is that it happens sometimes. I am always logged out of Hotmail as I only access & send via Live Mail.
    Can you try to follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings,OK.

Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings, OK.

Hope the above will help.