Thread: IE7 cannot connect to internet but can use msn and ping google

IE7 cannot connect to internet but can use msn and ping google

I am commerce by means of the following problems: I be able to ping google.co.uk and take delivery of return by means of no packet loss. I be able to utilize msn messenger. I be able to ping my router and additional networked systems. I am not be able to attach to web pages via IE7. I not be able to bring up to date AVG free - "correlation to update server failed". The system has been rebooted various times. The internet is recognized to be running for the reason with the intention of I am posting from it. The system runs Windows XP SP2 is associated by Ethernet to the router. The windows firewall has been put out of action. My "Network associations" tab in the Control Panel reads: Lan or High-speed internet. The 1394 correlation is disabled and the LAN correlation connected. I am at present rather stumped. Several help would be to a great extent appreciated.

Re: IE7 cannot connect to internet but can use msn and ping google

You have to endeavor this go to explorer then to the tools and after to the advanced and hit reset in addition get to a command prompt and category ipconfig /flushdns I am attractive certain with the intention of determine to fix you up. If not agenda your AV for a scan at boot. I am having tribulations getting to position - get blank page or "not be able to display message". I have endeavor together of your submission additional than by means of no success. Might this be a ports problem on the system are a winsock problem. (Whatever that is!) It immediately seems to position to this being Internet Explorer not giving the impression of being for or utilize the LAN to endeavor to attach to the internet.

An additional to bring up to date: Utilize the "set up diminutive / home network" wizard does not work moreover. Set to attach from side to side the residential network in the accurate workgroup (MSHOME). You have to bring up to date: Run sfc /scannow from cmd prompt. Probable missing dll's, necessitate to get the XP CD commencing the system owner. Does this give anybody a clue as to what the tribulations might be.

This is a system I am giving the impression of being at for a friend. It is an previous Dell 4550, he desires to be capable to attach it to the internet via a innovative router consequently endeavor to create it to run. He has by no means used it to attach via a router, or at least it has not worked if he did. Formerly he has used dial-up broadband. Would it be helpful for me to position the Hijack this log file. I have comprised and endeavor a sfc organizer scan, which seems to desire the XP CD, almost certainly suggests with the intention of there might be some tribulations, I am to some extent wary of letting it to bring up to date them the entire incase I bring additional trouble upon myself. I determine to get a hijack this log completed and give it the on one occasion in excess of by means of a innovative virus scanner.

I be able to ping the IP addresses and their www. counterparts. I have the same opinion with the intention of port 80 perhaps be uncreative, additional than it is definitely at the PC level rather than the router as the entire my additional networked pc's (containing this one run extremely well). Is there an submission with the intention of would permit me to "see" what ports are opened and which are closed. Does he encompass several additional firewall perhaps built into the router. Try putting the system on the additional side of the router for a small number of minutes to observe if it be able to attach. If so then with the intention of determine to facilitate to narrow it down. As for the AVG free I consideration they did not bring up to date with the intention of to any further extent. I had it for a at the same time as and then it told me with the intention of I would encompass to additional than it to continue I got something else.

For the WR2, I not be able to test by means of ShieldsUp onto the system in query I determine to endeavor it onto the network even though I imagine the tribulations lies by means of the apparatus rather than the network. The ShieldsUp test returns the entire ports as stealthed. Pat, the system is working with on my own network (I have purchased it home by means of me) and with the intention of network is the one I am position from. In principle the network runs extremely well, it might be an issue connecting apparatus and router. Regrettably I have comprised a modem built into the router so I might not test without router. I am going to endeavor it on our additional network this evening, have not had time yet. It would be helpful to be familiar by means of what settings you encompass for the R1 entry.