Thread: Microsoft Antimalware Script Scanner is shown as disabled in IE

Microsoft Antimalware Script Scanner is shown as disabled in IE

Hello,
    I use Microsoft Internet explore 9 browser on my machine. The problem i am facing is that in the Manage Addons tab of my Internet explore 9, it is showing that my Microsoft Antimalware Script Scanner as disabled. I am able to see a enable button there, i am not able to enable it through there. My system configuration is as follows-
    Windows 7 64-bit operating system
    Microsoft Security Essentials Beta 64
    Asus motherboard
    1 Gb ram
    I require your help in order to solve this issue. I hope that you will be able to provide me a proper support.

Re: Microsoft Antimalware Script Scanner is shown as disabled in IE

I will advice you to reset your Internet explorer setting again. For doing that you need to go to the do the flowing things.You need to make the choice from any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open. After you do that you will require to open the Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button icon in the Start. Go to the search box and type Internet Explorer and pres OK. You will get a list of results, from that you have to click Internet Explorer. You will need to click on the Tools button, and then click Internet Options. After doing this go to advance tab and click on the reset button. Now select the check box of delete personal settings. Finally in the Internet Explorer Settings dialog box click on the reset. Once the process is being completed, then you require to restart your browser and it will now work properly. You will not be getting any issues now. I hope that it will fix your issue.

I think that you are facing this problem, because of the some settings in your browser. According to me you will requiring to check for the surf protections settings in Microsoft Security Essential. I am not 100 % sure, but i feel that Microsoft Security Essential might be disabled in your settings. I will recommend you to make a check. I hope that it will solve your issue once you enable your settings.

Even i am getting the same problem in my system. As i am new to this computer field, so i don't know much about this issue. But i want to tell you one thing that i have tried the above two solution and even after trying that my problem is not getting solved. Now i am looking for a new solution. Is there any who knows about this issue? For getting this new solution i will require you help and i hope that you will provide me the appropriate help. I thanks to Devasis and Vodka for giving their replies.

The same problem is even faced by me as well. I started getting this problem when i installed Internet explorer 9 on my machine. Before i was using Internet explorer 8 and it was working well without any problem. I think that the problem which i am getting is a temporary one. If anyone is having a fix for this please forward your reply to me. Thanks in advance.

I think there is problem with your Internet explorer 9, because as you said that with Internet explorer 8 all the things were working fine. Your software copy must not be a licensed one. I will recommend you to change your software copy and try a new one. If the problem is solved by doing that, then definitely there is problem in your browser software.

Thanks for the reply you gave. It has solved my problem. As you told to change remove the copy of Internet explorer which i was having. I have now installed a new and fresh Internet explorer 9 on my machine. After doing this try i am not getting the problem now. I also think that there was problem with my previous Internet explorer software. Once again thanks to you.