Thread: IE9 displays XML as text

IE9 displays XML as text

I recently have a DELL computer, which is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. It was worked fine till the last day, but it encountered a problem while I open the XML file in to the browser, it appears into the text file, can’t understand why. It not shows in the Firefox or the Google Chrome or the other browser (not the XML). Is this is the default setting of the browser? Or something else, suggest me with valuable tips.

Re: IE9 displays XML as text

Make sure that the XMT document is enable in the browser option.
    • Click Tools on the browser menu.
    • Click Manage add-ons
    • Click All add-ons, Under Show.
    • Click on XML DOM Document from the add-on list.
    • if it is disable make it enable.
    • Close the window
    And lastly close the browser and reopen the browser.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Check the XML documents are enable or not, and make sure the other options of the document by go through these:
    Name of the file should be XML DOM Document.
    Publisher will be the Microsoft Corporation.
    Status of the document Enabled. Also check the version of the file along with the date and time of the creation.

I had the similar issue, and having a solution for the problem, suggest you to go for the solution, I hope it will help you. Turn on the "Compatibility View" option from the internet option menu bar, if you are using the http/web based XML file. Click on that button of the compatibility view, in the right side of the address bar by pressing the ALT key. Then go to Tool option and then "Compatibility View". And if you are working with the local xml file, then you go for the Tool option along with the ALT key button, then you should go to "Compatibility View Settings" and lastly go to "Display all websites in Compatibility View".

As per my knowledge the XML files are depend on the cache files of the browser. The cache in the Internet Explorer is a small utility which used to read the cache folder of Internet Explorer browser. And will display the list of the files which are stored recently in the cache folder. The Filename, Last Accessed Time, File Size, Folder Name, Last Modified Time, Content Type, URL, Expiration Time, Number Of Hits, and full path of the cache filename, all the information display for each of the cache.

I experienced with the same issue, then one of my friend suggest me for the creation of the .xml file and then access it for the XML DOM Document. Then I create a .xml file in the desktop and named it Test.xml and type the following scripts, it helps ne great
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <document type="test">
    Hello
    </document>
    After that whenever in used to view it in IE9 I appears in "Hello", no XML.