Thread: Linksys WRT54G disconnects clients regularly

Linksys WRT54G disconnects clients regularly

I have comprised a WRT54G and in view of the fact that I got it, My laptop maintain losing concerning then I am having to reboot my router to get it back, is there a probable explanation to this. I have in addition installed router to desk top and laptop. Desk top runs by means of or without cable so I be familiar with router runs. The laptop determines to not attach to internet from side to side router or direct cable. What is stopping it from locating internet. If associated directly by Ethernet cable to a port on the back, the correlation to the router runs without tribulations. If associated via wireless, the correlation drops subsequent to regarding 5 minutes. What must be the issue in it I need some suggestion.

Re: Linksys WRT54G disconnects clients regularly

I seem to contain these tribulations too. Each hour or two, the entire traffic connecting several wireless client and the WRT54G stops for a number of 10-60 seconds, and then starts running the entire in excess of again. This causes the majority long-lived associations such as IRC, Jabber, and SSH to disconnect. Through-out the "dead" period I be able to ping the router extremely well, by means of no packet loss. This resonance promising, additional than subsequent to exhaustive searches through the web interface, I basically not am able to locate several timeout setting anywhere. My Linksys is revision 2.2, and the firmware is Sveasoft Alchemy-V1.0 v3.37.6.8sv.

I have become aware of incredible supplementary each time the deadness occurs, I seem to get a innovative IP from the router. I recognize this when I become aware of my current IP was 192.168.1.144, which is extraordinary for the reason that the DHCP range starts at 192.168.1.100 and most of them are merely two users. So it seems with the intention of the IP increases by one each time the tribulations happens. (Wonder what determine to occur when I hit the end of the DHCP range) Not the total responds you desire, other than immediately wondering what the timeout period is for the DHCP server. I speculate if its closely matched to the times that your system drops.

Then the query is why the PC would not invigorate its IP address. I presume you encompass a firewall working with on the PC. For a test, try put out of action the firewall. If the timeout does seem to be secure, then perhaps try an instruction manual IP address renew previous to the predictable failure. Start -> run "cmd" In the black window type in "ipconfig /renew" If your system is capable to talk to the DHCP server by means of no trouble then it be supposed to come back by means of an address in a couple of seconds. If it takes 5-10 or fails then most of them might be getting closer to understanding the consequence of the error (loss of comms to the server) additional than not why, unless it’s some humorous setting on your firewall.

I am not certain what you indicate by "timeout period" for the DHCP server, additional than the setting called "Client Lease Time" is position to 1440 minutes (24 hours). The timeouts I observe occur a lot additional recurrent than this. Today, for instance, the whole thing was extremely well for 100 minutes, then fail, then 180 minutes, fail, then 120, fail, 80, fail, 60, fail (numbers are estimated). So it's not even "frequently" as I wrote in the subject, other than it always seems to occur on one occasion each 1-3 hours.

I had contained no firewall on my system (which I am contented by means of, for the reason that my PC runs Linux and my ISP nats us). The additional PC (laptop working with WinXP) has a firewall, so this does not seem to have an effect on the tribulations. It's extremely hard to be familiar with when to expect the failure. Trying a DHCP renew right at present went extremely well, I got back the similar IP and it said "renewal in 37887 seconds". Trying additional times gives the similar result, other than by means of slightly varying number of seconds until renewal. I determine to try as an experiment to run a DHCP renew each 20 minutes and observe if it tranquil occurs. If it does not, most of them might at least be a diminutive bit further in identifying the tribulations.

The messages regarding unidentified hardware address type, and the communication regarding the corrupt lease file, do not frequently demonstrate up. In a consequent renew, they were not there. I do not be familiar with what they mean, additional than perhaps somebody does (perhaps they are irrelevant too for the entire I be familiar with). It would be pleasant if you might copy the lease file previous to doing the DHCP renew, to observe if anything come into view actually odd other than I not be able to actually observe why this would make a difference, anyway.