Thread: My wireless connection is getting unstable due to ethernet connection

My wireless connection is getting unstable due to ethernet connection

Hello,
    I am new to the field of internet and having a problem. The problem is that, with me there is a laptop and a computer. My laptop is connected to the router with the help of a wireless connection and the desktop is connected wired by using a Ethernet cable. My wireless connection on the laptop gets disconnected after 3 to 4 minutes and again reconnect by itself, whenever my desktop is on. Need help.

Re: My wireless connection is getting unstable due to ethernet connection

I have the solution for you. In both the network profiles you will need to turn off the automatic switch. For doing this require to click on the Manage Wireless Networks--------->Right click on the network profile--------> properties ---------> Connection tab-------->if check box is available then clear the Connect to a more preferred network------->OK------->Turn off.

Even the same problem i am facing in my network. I have also tried the above procedure for solving the problem. I did all the settings as suggested by you but still not able to solve it out. I have even tried some other solutions as well, but not helping out. Can someone suggest some other solution? I definitely require you help.

By referring at your problem i finded that the bandwidth might be used by the desktop ,which in turn is causing inadequate signal to be sent via the wireless router to the laptops. For this my suggestion would be to use a small 5 or 8 port switch. Except the switch no other thing should be connected to the router. All the computers should be connected to the switch. Rest thing will be managed by the switch itself.

I think that the problem was with the bandwidth which was being used by the desktop. I made the use of the switch in the network and did the same connection which is suggested above. The switch is managing the network in such a way that, now i am not facing any problem. Thanks to kelfro for giving such a nice fix.