Thread: Best and reliable way to send large files over internet

Best and reliable way to send large files over internet

I have a large file on my desktop which is around 950mb in size and I need to send the same to my friend who is in Delhi. Please help me out in making the file to be send in the most convenient way and faster mean which is reliable. I cannot mail it as the file is too large and uploading takes a lot of time. Help me out.

Re: Best and reliable way to send large files over internet

The best way through which you can send large file over internet is by setting up a FTP and then make the desired requirement which is essential for you to be processed. For your information an FTP server is an inexpensive and relatively simple to operate tool that works great for sharing files over the Internet. So do look out by assigning and configuring the same. It will be better and is reliable.

For setting up an FTP there are certain parameters which needs to be taken into consideration and work well. you can configure the same well by following the steps that is mentioned below:

• You need to click Start and then get access to Control Panel
    • Choose Add/Remove Programs and then click on Add/Remove Windows Components
    • As it s been done you then need to look under Windows Components and then select Internet Information Services (IIS)
    • Check out for Details and select the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service.
    • Now you need to Click OK and then Next to start the copy file process. At this point you might be prompted for your Windows XP CD. Once this step has been completed, the FTP service will be installed on your system.
    • Restart the system and then look for the service which will be running by then.

You can make use of the FTP service well by configuring and then setting up. For getting the file to be downloaded to the system it is very simple. All you need to do is to simply copy the files you need and paste them into the FTPROOT folder. This folder can be found in the INETPUB folder located on your root drive (usually C: ). The full path to this folder would be C:\INETPUB\FTPROOT. As it is been done you can then check out fo the change. Other than that by default, the FTP service is configured for Anonymous FTP and read-only access, which means that users can freely download any files stored on the server, but they cannot upload files to it. The Anonymous FTP account means that the server is available publicly, so anyone with the server's IP address can access it. You can modify both of these settings to only allow specific users on to the FTP site or to give them the right to not only download but also add, modify, and erase files as well. So look out for the same and get it implemented well as needed. It will be helpful.

Basically it also depends on the Hard disk driver that you use. A 7200rpm drive may not have the capacity to transfer the data at a much higher speed and hence the speed you get is limited to 75mbps. Do look for the hard drive that have higher rpm this will let you to get to a proper solution and then process out for the thing well as needed. It will be better for you. Check out.

Making use of an FTP server is the best mean you can go through and send the desired file. So follow up the process that is mentioned in the above posts for setting up an FTP server and then configuring it. Do look out for the change well and then process out as required. You may get the implementation to be processed well as required. Do check out.

The best way is just to use the direct file copying providers like click2copy - it does not impose any limits and it is the only one providers who DOES NOT relay your data over the third-party server: Direct transfer!!!