Thread: Unable to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the internet

Unable to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the internet

Hello,
    With me there is a DLINK DCS-900W camera, which acts like a web server. I have to make use of this camera at my home by connecting it through the internet. I have done all the setting of the camera at the home, but not able to access the camera. If i go to the local LAN and type the the IP address 192.168.0.50:5000, then i am able to see the camera fine. If some one is having good networking knowledge please help.
    Last edited by Crockodoo; 05-10-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Re: Unable to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the internet

I feel that you should try to access your router remotely by yourself. I have studied that there are some internet service providers which have there own firewall setup by default, due to this many ports are blocked. Now i want to ask a question to you that are you writing :5000 after your ip?. Because if wont write it the forwarding will not happen.

I have set up a camera at my home connected through the internet. Initially when i was using the camera i was able to access it. But from the last few days my camera is not responding at all. I don't know that what went wrong with my computer and the camera. Any one having any suggestions please post it soon. Thanks.

I have a solution for you just try this out. You need to double click on the and tell your router to forward port to 5000 to the your IP address. Even your ISP might not give the public ip address. You will require to make a check that your. WAN address is in the public domain or not. There might be case such as your ISP might be blocking all the inbound traffic.

The solution is as follows.You require to forward your router port number to the exact internet server port number. After doing this if you will open the link, now you should be able to change your the web sever port, then you will require to forward the port to the DLINK router. After trying all this thing you will be able to access your camera. Try this out it will definitely solve your issue.

I was also facing the same problem on my camera. I have fixed this issue with the help of a solution. You will require changing the port number of the web server by going to the setup page of your camera. Even you require forwarding the port of your router to 8082. This should now solve your issue out and you not face any problem related with the camera.