Thread: Problem with the WiFi in my house

Problem with the WiFi in my house

I have a problem with my WiFi connection. I m having a laptop at my house and i was using it with the wifi connection in my house. Now the problem i am facing is that i get no signal in my room. My router is in the hall and i want to use it in my bed room. I would like to now your suggestion on this problem. The model of my router is Linksys WAG200G home gateway. Please give your reply on this issue.

Re: Problem with the WiFi in my house

After looking at your problem i have finded two solutions for you. First one is that buy a extension cord and connect it to the router and bring your router to your bed room. The second is that buy a long phone cable and move your router to the location to the place where you get the maximum signal strength. Hope have provided some kind of help to you.

According to me the problem you are facing is due to the week signal strength. You need to increase your signal strength. I will advice you to increase the power of your router. If you do this then it will boost signal strength and you will get a proper signal on your laptop, even though your router is in the hall and your are in the bed room. I think that this will solve your issue.

You will require to check your interfaces which are present at your home. The interfaces include cordless phones, microwave ovens, bluetooth devices etc. You will require to move your access point were you get the best coverage. You can also make use of a wireless card and inssider. You can make a try of all this things and the one which suites you make a use of it.

As you have posted that you are using a WAG200G router, i think that it is good in terms of signal strength. I think that you might have placed you router in the place where it is getting the week signal strength or there might be situation such as your signal might be going out of your house. I feel that you need to cover your whole house in terms of a typical plaster wall. Check this things.

I also make use of a router at my home and i connect my laptop with the router with the wifi connection. Even i am facing the same problem with my wifi connection. I am also getting the low signal strength. I have tried to shift my router to various places but in the end not able to solve the issue. Will any one suggest me a proper solution for this problem?, as i am not able to use the internet and my all the works are pending down.