Thread: Satellite tv different locations

Satellite tv different locations

Here are my circumstances. I encompass a home in a city that is served by Direct TV. Presently on cable other than giving the impression of being at perhaps changing. I have in addition got a diminutive cabin approx. 130 miles north and Direct TV is obtainable there as well. Presently, the cabin is served by C-Band additional than by means of C-Band dying the sluggish death and prices recurrently rising, I am giving the impression of being into Direct TV there as well. I immediately received a present from DirectTV that presents 3 receivers free. I merely necessitate 1-2 of them at my home and was wondering if I originate a second dish, might I haul the 3rd receiver up to the cabin and be capable to utilize it, the entire on the similar account. I have talked by means of DirectTV regarding this and they are saying they might do this other than merely be capable to view their services at one location at a time. I am not certain I understand why I might not utilize both simultaneously. Can I do that or not.

Re: Satellite tv different locations

The DTV or DISH is obtainable anyplace in the US that has a clear unobstructed "view" to the south/south east. Meaning immediately that! If there are tall tree's and substance in the way, then you would not encompassed the Satellite accessibility. You mean that there are SOME "C-Band" satellites in view, right. Subsequent to the entire, numerous satellites(if not most) carry together C and KU bands. The entire you have to do is figure out what's obtainable on your property. I be able to observe it from here. Get a compass and inclinometer and be reminiscent yourself where you live and moreover download "Paul Lutes" software, or purchase a tool that pinpoints the accurate location.

Additional than, you determine to have to completely install the one at your cabin yourself subsequent to having _the entire three_ installed in your innovative home first. The entire billing determine to be counted as "three", and sent to the original billing address. If you do not feel confident regarding the install and aiming, then have encompassed them do it. It's a common question. Additional than it's simple. They are a company that desires to create money.

I am surrounded by trees so not even certain if it determine to run. I similar to the idea of having somebody come out and examine the property to observe if DTV would even run previous to going to this problem. I am attractive handy at DIY so am not too worried regarding the install be supposed to I do it myself. One most recent query, did I read somewhere that every receiver has to be hooked up to a phone line as well. If so, that might cause tribulations by means of two dissimilar phone lines.

With the exception of course the independent installer says out front with the intention of they determine to charge you a fee if you are out of their technique! I tell my customers previous to I demonstrate up that there's at least a 30 dollar charge if I encompass to hit in excess of 30 miles. The entire refundable of course, if their site has a clear shot and I install. Time is money subsequent to the entire, and where I am (NJ) 30 miles is in excess of an hour, every direction, of my time and gasoline!

If you desire the PPV, then it would not work at remote locality. For "normal" TV viewing, no receiver requirements to be associated to a phone line. Other than, the entire receivers are obliged to first be "authorized" and associated at the original home site first. Subsequent to that is completed, subsequently you be able to shift the second/third box anywhere you desire and enjoy seeing the entire the similar programs that you observe at home.

The PPV/Telephone rationalization cleared the whole thing up. I immediately necessitate tracking down a second dish. First, of course determine to be to have somebody survey it for me. Folks approximately me have the smaller dish so I am assuming it's obtainable in that locale. It works for us apart from for the local channels. You would have to encompass DISH change the location. Additional than then you would not get the local channels at your home. Additional than this, it seems to work. Most of them had to call dish to tune our receiver at the 2nd site additional than that was not a tribulations. They do that at the same time as you are on the phone watching your TV channel setup. No additional charge. Not certain why most of them had to have the Receiver reset even though this particular one had not been utilize for a year so the card in it might have expired.