Thread: wifi connects then goes off

wifi connects then goes off

Hi I am using Sony wio laptop from last few months and it serving the best to me till now. I am happy that i am using this laptop with all the latest configuration. It also has the wifi technology which allows me to get connected to the network without any wired connection and from wherever i want inside my house, But from lat few days it is failing to connect to the internet, rather i would say that it goes off as soon as connected to the network, I am using the Netgear DG834GT router and I am sure that it is fine there is nothing wrong with it, I don't know what is wrong with it, Please help me in fixing it i am worried a lot.
    Last edited by Tarank; 29-09-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Re: wifi connects then goes off

This not a great issue to deal with we can have a solution over it and also you can fix. This problem also varies between operating system there are different ways for different operating systems. The only thing that i want you to do is first of all remove all the wireless profiles which are stored on to your system, May these profiles are creating conflict between the new one or thy may be corrupted . So remove this profiles and the reboot your system and then again try the network connection through wifi , I hope this will help you

Yes you can fix this problem by just deleting the previously stored profiles because they may create conflict with the new one. Now the question arises that how to do this task then here are the steps that will help you to to do so.
    1. Go to start and then select run
    2. Type " type ncpa.cpl " and press enter
    3. Then a window will open having some network properties what you do is just right click on the Wireless Network Connection and select properties.
    4. After that a small window will open having three tabs "General", "" Wireless network and" Advanced "in that you have to select wireless network.
    5. Where you can see the existing profiles just highlight it and select the REMOVE command button.
    6. Then that profiles will be deleted from your system
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have gone through your problem and it seemed to me that it is just the same problem that i was facing a few days before , The thing is that some of the network settings of your system may have got disturbed so what you have to do is just check it and fix it. First of all what you have to do is that remove that previous profile that are existing on your system, Then you have to reset the stack because here you can't test the LAN port. This can be done by just opening the command prompt and the type type: netsh int ip reset reset.log this to Reset TCP/IP stack. And also type :netsh winsock reset catalog this is to reset the WINSOCK entries.

This problem is seen with many users who are using the wifi technology, It may be because the must be new towards this one and don' know more about it so what i will suggest you to fix this problem is first of all check your router whether all its settings are proper and then delete all the wireless profiles and run your router without encryption test . I hope this will definitely help you.

Hey I think that there is nothing to worry about it. I was also facing the same problem and it is possible to fix it up what you have to do is just be sure that you have plug in the wifi connector BEFORE you turn on your computer. Or then restart the connector and try check around how it responds. Also see to it that the firewall is proper and in great condition to handle all the consequences . So that there is no major issue to the software of the system if there is an attack over the system.