Thread: Any way to disable Vibrant’s Bing pop-up ads in Safari

Any way to disable Vibrant’s Bing pop-up ads in Safari

I am using the web browser of Safari 4.0.3 under Mac Snow Leopard Operating System and be interested in a way to stop the explore pop-up Vibrant Media which is provided to many sites along with the search engine of Bing results. I find it irritating, when I take the mouse near the links, or even I simply moving from one point to another, never related, and often it work as unintelligent once. I think that it wouldn't intellect the links if I will click on it, but the search engine Bing is completely worthless to me, and the total advertising paradigm of Vibrant deserves to entirely disappear. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Any way to disable Vibrant’s Bing pop-up ads in Safari

Hi, I have the same trouble which you have. The only thing you have go for protecting your computer system while the pop up occurs when accessing the browser through the internet. Just you have to install an additional too /etc/hosts file. So this might help you to out come from upcoming popup Vibrant Media on your browser while accessing the internet on my computer system.

All you need is the you have to give the domain name of the site which you are using on your computer system, by assigning 0.0.0.0 it to the web site in your hosts file earlier than your computers system ask the Internet Service Provider’s Domain Name from Server for the accurate address results in no connection, thus no irritating advertisement "0.0.0.0" way nothing basically.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Thank you for your suggestion I think the step you have provided to me is not proper can you give me the proper way by which I can remove this problem from my computer system. I have this problem for last one week and I really get frustrated from this advertisement can you please help me out from this.

To remove this trouble you can go for uninstall process of your Operating System from your computer system then re-installation of your Mac Snow Leopard Operating System on your computer system. Then restart your computer system, I hope this will work properly on your desktop computer system.
    Last edited by deveritt; 22-09-2010 at 09:54 AM.

It might be the proper but don’t use 127.0.0.1 in Apple Mac Operating System Snow Leopard host file for whatever thing other than 127.0.0.1 local host. Vibrant Media has a website for very his advertisement, so they have a large number of websites. So that you can choose to block every of it Vibrant Media's advertisement on many of the websites on the internet or only the advertisement appears on the website and you like to visit.

Thanks for suggestions, i was facing same problem it make me irritating and slow down my computer

carmelzic Guest

This is great. Thanks for posting it. I just wanted to disable Vibrant ads, but that list you refer to manages to cut a ton of other annoying crap, like all the "An Indianapolis Mom last 400 lbs of belly fat by following this 1 simple rule" and "Obama wants you to eat your vegetables" ads.

Thank you very much!

Hi it is appreciable, but the way you have suggested to me is not working proper can you say me the proper way to remove this problem form my computer system. I am really getting bored of the advertisement on my Safari browser. Please can you suggest me the proper solution for this problem which I am facing?
    Last edited by johnson22; 24-09-2010 at 10:07 AM.

You can go for the any page for "Vibrant Media" and find the domain name of their irritating advertisement that equivalent the web-site you visit or just choose to block all of them like I do. The list is from this site which update the register rather often it, so if you’re interested in blocking all advertisement, now you can update your addition files to the hosts files after every few months or so. Just remember to ADD to the bottom of the original /etc/hosts file and don't remove or repair what the original file you have contains.

To remove the advertisement from your browser, you have the ability to create your computer system decline to attach to sites online. Actually this is mainly useful to block certain websites that either cause troubles or contain malware or so on. As a replacement for Domain Name Server of your Internet Service Provider resolving the IP number of site says you resolve it first with an IP number of 0.0.0.0 so the demand by your computer system goes on and no connection is made.