Thread: RFC-822 Compatibility Error message using IMAP with Exchange

RFC-822 Compatibility Error message using IMAP with Exchange

I use Thunderbird from last few months and i access all my IMAP accounts through the Thunderbird only,and i use to get all my messages om my IMAP account using MS exchange. But from yesterday i am getting the error messages saying that "the requested message could not be converted to an RFC-822 compatible format". I don't know why this is happening , so to over come it i tried and move all the messages of mine to the different drive but still the error is peeping again and again . I can send and receive messages on the Thunderbird but somehow i am not able to receive any message on my Blackberry using IMAP

Re: RFC-822 Compatibility Error message using IMAP with Exchange

Yes this is the problem that you are facing may be due to any attachment which must be attached to your messages when you are trying to open that particular message. Just do one thong just delete all the messages from your Thunderbird and then check out with an empty inbox you will see the messages instantly. Then the error which is popping up will not pop again, And you will enjoy the messages facility that you can send and receive again.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are some messages left in the inbox of yours , If they are not visible to you then just do one thing just log on through outlook web access and see to it that there any messages any lefty in your inbox if they are then make sure that you delete them, And once you delete the message you should get the new messages in you inbox.

I would rather say that there must be an issue regarding the Thunderbird that you are using , The Thunderbird that you are using may not be compatible with the Blackberry phone that you are using, Just make sure that the version of the Thunderbird that you are using must be compatible with you are blackberry.These are the limitation that you are phone must be facing regarding compatibility.

I was also getting the same error a few days back , and i was not able to fix it early, do not take these for granted and star working on it. And remember these this not the normal problem that you are facing but a i have an solution to cure it. Try the below two solution.
    • Try out the Telnet , What you have to do is log in to it and try out the commands that you are trying earlier and see whether they are working.
    • Assure that the command you are trying to access are valid and you try to debug it and find out any error are there or not.

Your problem is quite different but there are ways through which we can fix it now what you have to do is temporarily turn off the 'offline' flag and junk mail controls, and refresh your mailbox. I guess it will help you to download the content and enjoy surfing but again start with the oldest unseen message and make sure that which message is unable to load then just do one thing remove it completely and then again start the new session
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

This error may be coming from the message that you have not read and it is still present in the inbox of your Thunderbird, It happens that if you have an message kept in the Thunderbird then it tends to give such output. What you have to do is try and find out such messages and delete as soon as possible. You will not be able to read the problem message in Thunderbird, because Exchange does not know how to convert it to a format that it can send to Thunderbird.

Her is the challenge for you to find out the OWA, but i don't think that there is any way to do it, or you have not even tried.If really want access the messages inbox than just go to the IMAP server through telnet and delete the messages Have you ever tried to move all your messages to the other folders or to thunderbird.