Thread: Adobe Acrobat does not recognize Thunderbird as e-mail client

Adobe Acrobat does not recognize Thunderbird as e-mail client

I am having windows XP pack 2 as my OS. I am using Adobe acrobat 9 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.17. I am able to open .pdf in Thunderbird through Adobe acrobat. But if i try to send Email that .pdf from within acrobat, it give me an error message saying Acrobat is unable to connect my Email program. Thunderbird is my default client. Please give me some suggestion to overcome this situation. thank you.

Re: Adobe Acrobat does not recognize Thunderbird as e-mail client

Even i have this issue, i have outlook as well Thunderbird installed on my computer. I have set Thunderbird as my default client and i am using outlook only for its calendar when i try to send .pdf from Adobe it is giving error when i use Thunderbird. The problem is that outlook itself make him a default Email client. Are you able to send Email from other application such as MS word using TB. Even check that your SimpleMAPI is working fine. Hope this may help in solving your error.

I think your SimpleMAPI is not working fine. Perform this troubleshooting.
    1) See that Thunderbird is the only your default mail client and not other email client are not configured to try set hmself as default client.
    2)Check with some other email client such as outlook, MS mail and if it is working fine. Then the problem is with the Thunderbird SimpleMAPI support
    3) Do this to set it as your default , open Thunderbird and select Tools/Account setting/Account action/ Click "set as default"/Click OK.

OR download Swap.exe a simple MAPI console application. Run it and login. Then try sending mail, if it not working the SimpleMAPI is not working on your system.

After trying the suggestion given above it is still giving me the same error. I have created a new profile in Thunderbird and tried to send from there. Now the previous error message is gone and i am getting a new error sayinh that the program can not start because MOZCRT19.dll is missing when i try to send Acrobat. After amking this changes when i try to send Email through MS word it is getting send but the mail is not send from Acrobat. What next can i do?
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Even i am having the same problem with SeaMonkey. I follow this step. Right click on START menu and choose run as administrator.Close browser and launch as admin SeaMonkey email and closed it. After doing this i go to START/Default program/Set program access and computer default/custom/choose default client. Make sure that Enable access to this program was checked. Now all program are getting connected to SeaMonkey . I do not know about you but they did work for me.

Thank you a lot this work for me. I have not reinstalled the Thunderbird. In my case Adobe acrobat and Thunderbird. The only thing i did is needed to "run as administrator" I just follow the steps given in the above reply to set it as default program. Close all the program. Now when i run both the program are running normal and Adobe uses TB as a default client to send mail when i select to mail a .pdf file as an attachment. Thanks again.

I am having some what similar problem I am having windows 7 pro 32bit laptop. I have installed Acrobat 8 and TB3. When I try to send .pdf file as mail it gives me error message saying that it cannot find an email client. I am using this .pdf file to email in my business and I need to get it fix as soon as possible. I have checked Thunderbird and Tb is selected as my Default mail client.

You are having Acrobat 8.0, I have Acrobat 9 and Thunderbird 3 and win7 . I did the below setup and it is working for me. Go to START->Default Program->Set Program Access and computer default-> custom-> choose the default program you want. Go forward and select your Email program here. After having done this now I can successfully send Email using my Acrobat.

To set up default email program in Vista.The default email program in vista is windows mail you can choose a different email program as the default. Go to start button, Click Default program. Select Set program access and computer default. If you get a prompt for administrator password then type the password. From choose configuration select custom. And from Choose a default email program select the program you need to keep as your default program. Finally click OK. Due to some reason your outlook 2003,2007 are not listed under default program.You can repair it from help menu select Detect and Repair.

To set up default email program in Vista.The default email program in vista is windows mail you can choose a different email program as the default. Go to start button, Click Default program. Select Set program access and computer default. If you get a prompt for administrator password then type the password. From choose configuration select custom. And from Choose a default email program select the program you need to keep as your default program. Finally click OK. Due to some reason your outlook 2003,2007 are not listed under default program.You can repair it from help menu select Detect and Repair.