Thread: Norton 360 Causing Windows Live Mail to Hang

Norton 360 Causing Windows Live Mail to Hang

When I send a communication using Windows Live Mail, it reason Windows Live mail to stop responding for approximately 30 seconds, and then in conclusion sends the email. If I put out of action the entire of Norton 360, Windows Live Mail works extremely well. If I immediately put out of action immediately email scanning (inbound & outbound), it tranquil hangs at the same time as sending email. I am using the most recent version or description of Norton 360 and encompass run Live update to create certain the entire patches are applied. I called hold up or maintain and they told me Windows Live Mail was not supported. On the other hand reading from side to side this forum, it seems that it is. So anybody be familiar with what is causing this.

Re: Norton 360 Causing Windows Live Mail to Hang

In addition among those that causes tribulations in Windows Mail. So you might encompass immediately traded one trouble for an additional. It's in addition among the antivirus programs that must be uninstalled, not immediately put out of action, to stop them from causing tribulations. Avoid McAfee in addition it causes such tribulations too. For a substitution program that does not cause tribulations in Windows Mail, try moreover avast. Or AVG, if possible subsequent to a custom install that tells it to leave out the part that scans.

From a long time I am not able to emails. I have encompassed and tried the whole thing, I have at present gone to avast and took off scanning alternative, so must bring to a close it is incredible to do by means of Windows mail configurations. I tried to send emails by means of no antivirus software and tranquil it does not run. I downloaded the connection that was given in additional posts. "Download for messages that might hang in outbox" and my system stated that it desire needed.

Did you try together the 32-bit version or description of the download and the 64-bit description. One determine to refuse to install, additional than which one depends on which version or description of Vista you have. Subsequent to the tribulations caused by antivirus programs, you sometimes encompassed to eliminate your email account in Windows Mail and then generate it the entire in excess of again to get rid of the entire the hidden tribulations. Subsequent to Norton and Trend, your email account might be completely corrupted. I would recommend that you eliminate your email account; close and reopen Windows Mail, then recreate your email account the entire in excess of again.

I am by means of it using the AVG (free edition) antivirus, which I in conclusion switched to subsequent to Norton caused endless tribulations, not least by means of Outlook Express. I have encompassed and tried a memory scan (no tribulations reported) other than am ignorant of several further hardware checks I be able to do. The hang takes place connecting the Windows Mail spash screen and the submission window appearing. At this point I have not got as far as sending or in receipt of anything.

Every now and then you even encompass to eliminate your email account under Windows Mail, then restart Windows Mail and generate the account the entire in excess of again. When you installed AVG, did you utilize the standard install. If so, it might assist to uninstall it and then do a custom install where you tell it to disappear out the part that scans email. Outlook Express would not run under Vista. The hardware test procedures frequently depend on what type of PC you have. You might have to ask the company that completed it for additional hardware test programs you are able to run.

Subsequent to further conducting tests, I have originated that. Putting out of action the AVG email scanner does not change the situation. The Windows Live Mail has comparable tribulations. Whether the hang takes position or not seems to be correlated solely to how soon subsequent to boot-up I start the mail program. If I disappear the apparatus alone for 5 minutes or additional, then there's not a tribulations. Additional than the hang takes place if I try it much previous to this.