Thread: Firefox performance with ATI/AMD 780G/HD3200 IGP

Firefox performance with ATI/AMD 780G/HD3200 IGP

Friends, I have choppy/leggy performance with Firefox 3.01 when I build a small HTPC with the motherboard of Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G. It opens the homepage instead of opening a fresh blank page. I have tried IE7 and IE6 and their performance was the same as they should perform. Why there is this problem with Firefox? Can you tell me the solution for that.

Re: Firefox performance with ATI/AMD 780G/HD3200 IGP

There is a problem with combo Flash/Firefox 3/HD3200/XP. I searched on internet and found one solution. Tick on the hardware acceleration of the hd 3200, 1 step less than the “max”. It will appear "cursor and bitmap acceleration off". After doing this your combo Flash/Firefox 3/HD3200/XP will work fine. Problem behind this is ATI Catalyst Driver for XP. You can use Fire 2.

You should contact ATI support team. Ask for the solution of the problem you are facing and I am sure that they will help you. They want to fix this problem before release of the next catalyst. They are the experts and will definitely help you. This will be the best option for you. You should not wonder on internet for the solution because there are the possibility that you get the wrong suggestion and it may increase your problem.

ATI is not capable of providing the steady driver. That is the reason why I don’t advice anyone to buy ATI graphics card. Unluckily this is a work computer and I don't have an option. Actually the problem is that ATI are denied and that is the cause behind the issue. I think this will give you a clear idea behind this and will help you to find the solution.

I think I have a solution for you. It is very easy and very safe. Just open the Error Console, you will see the clear button on that page. press that button. As you press this button you will see that it immediately fill the full buffer and as it fills up, the scroll button comes to its minimum for few seconds and after that it will restored. I hope this will solve the issue. Try it once and will definitely help you.

There may be problem with your ATI driver. It may not be functioning properly. You should reinstall the driver. Search on internet and find out the latest driver. Install that on your computer. This will help you. Normally updating the Driver solves such issue and it seems that your problem is also associated with the Driver.

I don’t think that it is a Firefox problem. You are screwed if you download and install the ATI driver from HP page. I would like to suggest you that you should download the drivers directly from official ATI page. This will work perfect. Click here and select the driver. You have to select your system, Motherboard…etc. Download and enjoy.