Thread: Extracting open URLs from sessionstore.js?

Extracting open URLs from sessionstore.js?

I have faced a Firefox crashing and i have set this browser to restore the tabs after sudden crash so it starts from the last session itself but the problem is that it is even getting crashed while restoring. As there were many tabs open due to which i am not sure about any particular tab which have caused this crash. I just want to ask you guys that is there any tool which helps me to find out an information about the sessionstore.js files. I tried it once by using the text editor but it did not worked.

Re: Extracting open URLs from sessionstore.js?

If we divide "sessionstore", it gives "session store", thus "saving / recording session." And there just to have seen the extension Session Saver to understand that it can charge what he was leaving Firefox. The sessionstore.js is the current file, and sessionstore.bak is that of "recovery". For others, it depends on their exact names, but we can expect the files "normal" abandoned after a crash in Firefox.

In short, you have a folder in your user profile for Windows and in the "third application data" in your profile (Application Data) which stores various files form any configuration of your favorite and fox ... lo and behold, there one of these files, updated in real time during your navigation, which stores all open windows and pages with the history of each tab! Make a test on windows, open windows and tabs 36 000, kill the firefox.exe process and do as follows:
    1. Open the "start menu", "execute" and type "% appdata% \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles" and valid.
    2. You have to find one or more files of profiles, look at the dates of modif to find the good, the most recent.
    3. Then, in the profile folder, you should find a file called "sessionstore.js.
    4. Copy it on your desktop.
    5. Check Firefox "restore session".
    6. Close all tabs properly in all windows. Exits without saving firefox tabs properly.
    7. Now replace file "sessionstore.js" of the Firefox profile folder with the one that you copied onto your desktop.

If you required to get a swift look at most recent firefox tab state on browser which is not working anymore. You wish for restore session state from some new profile (from additional pc possibly?). Firefox stores session data (including back history!) in .mozilla/firefox/po0qgwdl.default/sessionstore.js and you can use html page creation javascript.

"Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checkbox checked in Tools -> Options, "Privacy" section? If is it so then click on the "Settings" to check that which checkboxes are checked in that particular dialog. If "Visited pages" has been checked then it's likely to be overriding your sessionstore.js. Or else, if you wish tabs to be restored every time then "main" segment has a checkbox to select the intended option.

I have got the bit strange result while restoring the sessions. I have seen that my Firefox does not overwrite file "sessionstore" systematically. Actually what is happening here is it is creating its duplicate files named serially as "sessionstore-1.js" then "sessionstore-2.js & so on. And I have clean it all the time so my firefox does not gets loaded by it.