Thread: Flash Links No Longer Function in Firefox

Flash Links No Longer Function in Firefox

Big fan of Mozilla Firefox. Though I have heard a lot of drawbacks regarding Firefox, but I did not leave it, as I was not experiencing any of the said things. I was quite content with it. Recently I made an update for the browser. I have kept the updates on for the browser. I do not know why, but after a long time it has started giving me problem. In the browser the links to the flash pages are not working at all. However, to make sure that the flash is working properly I have tried installation and re-installation, but yet it can not work. Any solutions.

Re: Flash Links No Longer Function in Firefox

You have mentioned that you completely trust Mozilla Firefox, well it is good, it is good till you are comfortable with it and it fulfills all the requirements of yours. You did mentioned that you ran the updates, so see if that may be possible reason. You have mentioned that you had uninstalled and reinstalled, well an you please see if the Flash is enabled. You can enable and disable Flash in the Add-ons manager. If it is disabled you can enable it by going to Tools and then to Add-ons (Add-on Manager) and then finally to Plugins. There you see Shockwave Flash entry. If it is disabled then click on the Enable, button to re-enable Flash. Try this.

I think that now the time has come for you to leave the Firefox. I have already posted this and have seen on many other forums and even experienced that the only stable version of Mozilla Firefox is Firefox version 3.5. All the above this are not at all stable till date. I do not know why Mozilla has come up with the solution yet. After I experienced fault in the Firefox version 3.6, I have dropped the idea of using this browser. Why do not you try some other browser such as, Opera.

Well I do not think that what Techno01, told will be correct to follow. Mozilla has come up with the updates and I strongly feel that these are the things that will allow the browsers to overcome there drawbacks. However I just felt a need to ask you that do you get any type of error message? and do you have any extensions? Well post me soon if you have, let us see if we here can come out with any suggestions.

Here with the same problem. I do not get any problem with the Internet Explorer 8 , but when I try opening the pages having the Flash links I can not get this done for me. I am pretty confident that the Flash is installed properly, and it works properly. I have extensions for the Google toolbar, Colourful tabs, and British dictionary. Hope that you all here will come with a sound solution. Thanks in Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    ........do you get any type of error message? and do you have any extensions? Well post me soon if you have, let us see if we here can come out with any suggestions.
    First of all I am content that I am not the only one with this problem. You had asked for the extensions, so here they are: Sun Cult , Session Manager, Search Plugins Hack, FoxClocks, ForecastFox Enhanced, PDF Download and many more. Hope that you will be able to find something from this. Also regarding the errors, I have never encountered any. Flash animations is working usually. Only difficulty is that the clicking on any of the Flash link is disabled.