Thread: Clarification on WS.Reputation.1 detection

Clarification on WS.Reputation.1 detection

What is this WS.Reputation.1? I am always receiving the message regarding its detection. I specially receive the detection of this in the .rar files. The file always gets Quarantined. Right now I am using Norton Antivirus 2010. It is causing me much problem. Can anyone here tell me or suggest me what is this WS.Reputation.1? Also how can I restrict it from showing the detection of it on the .rar files.

Re: Clarification on WS.Reputation.1 detection

I have also found many of the post discussing about the WS.Reputation.1 detection. Well I have found that WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have very low standing score which is totally based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and hence can be proved to be security risks. Well I do not know much, but I will love to gain much more information regarding this. In the mean time I will try to search more and will also have an eye here too, so that I can have more information on this. Thanks.

I have come here for the clarification of this WS.Reputation.1 detection. Yes I think that while this thing was made, there could be a chance that there could have been mistake from the Norton's side. I have found that they are trying to tune the reputation system, so that we all can get rid of these problems. If rather you are finding that a file is detected by WS.Reputation.1 mistakenly, then youcan also go to the Norton tech-support.

If you are at all finding it difficult and you are confident that the file is not infected, then you can manually remove items from quarantine. The product itself will allow you to do so. In order to do so you will have to first open the main window. After, the window opens, just click on the Quarantine. Now the Quarantine windows open. From the window you can select the files that you wish to restore. For restoring you will have to select an action under the Options, button. From the threat detection window, select the Restore this file option to restore your file.

Well I think that we all here have disused a lot on this topic. We also had a clarification on this. Now I think that I need to give something descriptive and something technical regarding this. WS.Reputation.1 is a recognition for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users. Therefore they are likely to be security risks. Actually detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. The system keeps a rating for all files rather than just malicious files. Each software file is rated by giving a GOOD, BAD or SUSPICIOUS rating.