Thread: Norton Safe Web Running Slow

Norton Safe Web Running Slow

Norton Safe Web, is absolutely a nice feature to deal with. I was very happy with this feature. Few days earlier however it crashed and I was not able to find the cause behind this. I removed the Norton antivirus and re-installed it and also went for the update. Now again it is working well with no much great problems. The only minor problem that I am encountering with this is that it is running a little slower then it use to work before. After the Google page gets listed, then after say 10 or more seconds the green icons appear near the items in the list. Sometimes it also happens that some of the items do not get even marked. Please help.

Re: Norton Safe Web Running Slow

Facing the same problem with the Norton Safe Web. I have updated all the drivers and quite content with it. However the NSW did not crash for me. When I was working on the internet a pop-up came that suggested an update for NSW. I just clicked on it and then installed it for my system. Now the icons for the items in the list, whether it is in the Internet Explorer or the Firefox, are appearing after 10 seconds the same time. Now I want to ask if I uninstall it and re-install the previous version of the NSW, is it going to get updates to the latest version?

For both of you I do not think that you need to go for the un/re- installation of the 360 and Norton Safe Web. All that might be causing the problem is RAM. The point behind this is that it takes a longer time for the icons to appear in front of the items. This is actually a minor issue. If you have more RAM then the loading times of Programs and Applications will be really faster. I would suggest you to increase the RAM of the system if you want to use the latest version of NSW.

When you went for the reinstallation I think that the old components of the Norton N360 would have not been removed from the system. So I think that the old components of the previous version might be conflicting with the current version of the N360. It is really not easy to get rid of the previous versions of the N360, I would suggest you to first remove it by going to the Add or Remove program of windows and then go for the clean installation of the N360 antivirus. Once you are done with the fresh installation run the updates and update it to the highest peak. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

In my case however the Norton Safe Web is not working properly. In all your cases I have seen that the NSW is working but at a slower rate. What about the Norton safe web if it is not working correctly. However on the Internet Explorer it is working well , but when I switch the browser to the Firefox the NSW stops to work. I Think for the slow working of the NSW the solution have come can you all suggest something for me.
    Last edited by aneeqa; 17-09-2010 at 05:51 AM.