Thread: 2.4 Ghz is too crowded for pratical use

2.4 Ghz is too crowded for pratical use

I am starting to run into this extra and extra at the house side. I took a spectrum analyzer at house and the whole 2.4 Ghz spectrum was filled of nothing but sound and noise from all the other applications and devices. And all this happened in good civilization where is plenty of space between houses.And in commerce in a crowded multifaceted like a multitenant multi floor building, not recall about it. Everyone you can do is attempt to work with your neighbors on power levels and antenna stretch and attempt to coordinate. With simply 3 non-overlapping channels it is nearly not possible. But 5 Ghz on the other hand is large open and 12 non-overlapping channels build for much better deployments. There was just too much sound and noise on 2.4.For house use I had almost begin recommending moving to 5 Ghz with high-quality semi directional antennas. Or the ideal solution of 1-2 APs per floor. Just tell me

Re: 2.4 Ghz is too crowded for pratical use

Friend I am not agree with you not at all! When I use it I got more than 50 networks from my living room and all this noise and disturbance make me cry. My router is giving me lots of problem with al this. And this is the reason I became wired.

5ghz is just a stuff of time although. Once everybody will jumps on the bandwagon..
    Advantage they still vend cruddy analog 5ghz phones that slash up the band pretty awful. I had to move to DECT to get polite 5ghz speed. Most excellent options for 5ghz is a superior output device (ubiquity) and better grow antennas which are directional.
    Keep in mind that Omni antennas fire like a mushroom cloud down and out. Which is why post (too low) is bad, but placement too lofty is also bad.

It will be very fine till you do not have any other 2.4 GHz device. Everything wireless will use this band. And also do not use wireless camera and baby monitors. Since it is not 802.11 does not denote that it is not raping the spectrum. Actually I am having the same problem in my 2.5 Ghz router. I tried to change my frequency but it did not help me out. Do FCC regulation to get over from this problem. this device will help you to handle interference

You can solve your problem by doing some different settings if you are getting disconnection due to same frequency occupied by the wireless phone. Change the location of access Point and also the base of wireless phone. And now switch the channel on the Access point and if this setting does not work then attempt one more channel. Lots of wireless 2.4 GHz cordless telephone operates with frequency hopping technology. This technique uses the whole frequency from 802.11b to 802.11g. Thus changing the channel of the Access Point may not solve the distraction difficulty.

You should try to use mostly 900mhz in your home and even for wireless when I can. . Superior frequencies may gives less noise, but space becomes a problem. 2.4ghz was selected for the same cause 900mhz was selected for devices, it is non licensed spectrum. 2.4ghz is actually the sweet mark because it is high sufficient to get away from the mass of noise, has polite bandwidth and does pretty good on distance. The next frequencies are 3.65, 5.4,5.8 ,10Ghz and 24Ghz. The difficulty with those will be space. The FCC previously has all the frequencies in the spectrum devoted up to 300Ghz.

Its depend on your router and I think that there are 11 accessible channels - just go to one that not all people are using... if you have a wifi device that assist your wifi adapter scan for SSIDs, you will be able to see what everybody else is utilizing and switch to a channel little or no one uses. Example For 5GHz:
    This channel is broad open but it has one extremely BIG FLAW: connection and signal power is weaker than the 2.4GHz band..