Thread: ASML tips roadmap for EUV litho production platform

ASML tips roadmap for EUV litho production platform

Martin van den Brink who is executive vice president of products and technology told somewhere in an interview of senior executives as the IMEC Technology debate that "EUV is the cost effective successor of 193-nm lithography below 20-nm." and that ASML consider it can expand EUV down to sub-5nm.The company takes delivery of a fresh source in May and is "ready to mix a system" van den Brink said.It will be the primary example of ASML's NXE platform of EUV lithography machines; the NXE3100 able of between 60 and 100 wafers every hour during put. This will have an arithmetical opening of 0.25 and should be able of 28-nm resolution, the similar as is being achieved on the EUV Advanced Development instrument installed in IMEC, but at a commercial throughput. Van den Brink demonstrated the conference a slide with the NXE 3300 and NXE 3350 addressing 22- and 16-nm resolution in that order, while the NXE 3XX0, with an NA of 0.4 will thrust down to 11-nm resolution. The objective date for the shipment of this first pre manufacture device, the NXE 3100, is XX 2010.

Re: ASML tips roadmap for EUV litho production platform

I am having difficulties envisioning this article. I am not confused about the technology but for what it will be used for. I mean to say 15-20 years ago when someone asked about 32 nm , who will have presumed we will have or early we will get 6 to 8 core etc. How we will feel when 5nm is used! And with 128 cores 128 cores with a little graphics cores influential sufficient for all our gaming needs? Or is that completely off? What will we have when 5nm is utilized? I know it’s very far but I am still excited.

In fact I have known that some idea. For all available desktops in offices worldwide, is not a Pentium 4/AMD Athlon XP system already sufficient? Thing is I actually cannot see why a lot of people would need PCs extra powerful than Core 2s. Video encoding is still comparatively unusual, and the only actually taxing thing I can imagine most people will use is watching high definition video, and nothing much else, and even that is been attractive much offloaded to chipsets.Unless there is some original use for PCs I am totally absent right now which need tons of power, for most usual consumers.

The quicker the processors, the extra mainstream video encoding will be. How irritating is it to have three dissimilar copies of each video file so you can move them among devices? Quick encoding can resolve that by just need one version, and then encoding the rest on the fly. There will be other uses to quicker CPU that I have not consideration of. Mainly, if the technology survives, people will discover a way to use it properly.

Apart from that lots of people I know with C2D Quad and C2D Dual, do not do video encoding; decided, it is simply an anecdote, but I am trying to exemplify the point that it does not of necessity chase that the accessibility of increased processing power involve that widespread applications will approach, as seen in the office PCs context ……

You are not recalling about other data compression. Let me explain you an example. Do you understand that .pak files utilized in id Software games are typical .zip files? It is fact. You can unlock them with Winrar and all things. If you were thinking doing this those 20 years before, people could laugh at you. The game will get 100 years to load. Because there was not sufficient CPU power, not enough RAM. These days it is small for game files to be deeply compressed because our processors are powerful sufficient to make it sensible. Improving compression is not just superior for storage media like being capable to fit GTA 4 on a dual layer DVD for your Xbox 360, but it is good for the internet also. Most websites nowadays have gzip compression and it really increases effectual bandwidth because plain text is greatly compressible. We also have great file compression on youtube videos in the .flv layout. They are so greatly compressed that it acquires about 15% of our overclocked E6600 to decode youtube's usual flv files in real-time.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Intel first time used the immersion 193nm lithography comes at the 32nm age group. Someone said that immersion will carry on serving Intel's requirements at the 22 nm generation. Ask if EUV lithography will be prepared for the 15 nm generation, you said, "It is not looking like EUV will be ready, at least at first, for 15 nm manufacture." He additionally added that the company is working on method to expand the immersion 193 nm lithography to the 15 nm generation.