Thread: HowTo: Install custom channel icons for MythTV

HowTo: Install custom channel icons for MythTV

Individually I similar to using the innovative channel icons to a certain extent than ones done up to give the impression of being arty. Marvelously, no one seems to encompass a appropriate collection of standard channel/network icons, so are there a number of icons I position mutually to cover most channels. The entire icons are 132 x 99 in size and characteristic the channel logo on a translucent background (no borders the preview immediately renders a border on the image edges).

Re: HowTo: Install custom channel icons for MythTV

You be able to download a copy of these icons from internet. A numeral of black and white interchange icons are make available for monochrome logos to suit those by means of light or dark colored MythTV themes. A number of icons are of various sizes and not the entire include transparent backgrounds. I used The GIMP to generate the custom icons, so you be supposed to encompass no tribulation manipulating these icons for your own uses. It is not suggested that you utilize these icons unswervingly as some determine to come into view stretched and skewed, consequently the custom set.

I am using ubuntu and I had did this. Primary download or generate the icons you wish to utilize. The entire your icons be supposed to be reserved a consistent size. In my case, I settled on 132 x 99 for the reason that those proportions are used by most MythTV icons. The images are saved in PNG format to facilitate utilize of a transparent background. The icons necessitate to be present on the MythTV Backend server in organize to come into view in the MythWeb guide and necessitate to be installed on the entire MythTV Frontend installations in organize to come into view in the Live TV explanation and in the MythTV Program Guide. In view of the fact that the position of the icons is defined on the Backend, the most recent thing you desire to do is set them up to be read from a user's Home directory.

I am working with 0.19 and I am having tribulations getting the icons in view of the fact that my channel directory is vacant. I encompass display channel icons checkered on yet I encompass zero icons. I downloaded a number of physically from the satalogo web site and physically entered them from side to side mythtv-setup's channel editor. I might do it for the entire channels additional than I would similar to avoid this. Does anybody be familiar with how to get the icons. I figured zap2it would do it mechanically.

That perl script would not run unless you encompass xmltv installed, which you almost certainly do not as you do not necessitate it by means of DataDirect in the USA. Subsequent the connection I posted you is able to utilize the generic master_iconmap.xml file, the icons are not enormous additional than they are serviceable, it's what I am using. Subsequent to the entire, how much time do you spend looking at icons had xmltv installed additional than my distro desirable the grabber so I downloaded this and the icons came from side to side. I ran mythfilldatabase and the icons are tranquil not demonstrating up.

I am having the tribulations of the icons not displaying in addition. Several assist would be appreciated. I am working with description 0.19 of mythtv. I am in the US using Zap2it. I be able to work with the perl script and get a xml file that looks accurate. I have in addition tried the generic xml file by means of no luck. I have the display icons setting checkered. Looking in my Mythweb organize channels, it lists the callsign and channel name as immediately "channel 1" and so on. Similar by means of my EPG. My EPG has the accurate program listings, other than I would in addition approximating to have the icons and channels names in there too (exclusive of having to hand enter them). If anybody has several supplementary ideas, give pleasure to let me be familiar with.

I encompass made convention channel entries in MythTV by adding and eliminating entries from the database. I desirable to eliminate Pay per view channels from my channel register for the reason that there are so numerous of them, they get in the method. What I did was install phpMyAdmin, and turn on my httpd server, and then I was capable to browse the "Channel" table surrounded by the Mythconverg database.