Thread: 3G technology in India

3G technology in India

I am using Nokia multimedia phone which support internet using GPRS , i am hearing lots about the 3G technology launching in India.I want to know what is 3g technology and will my phone support this technology? what are the functionality provided by this technology and detail about the 3g technology. how will it be benefit to me?
    Last edited by Taizeen; 04-09-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Re: 3G technology in India

3G is the next generation of mobile communications systems. GPRS is now accessible in almost all the phone but this new 3g technology is advance to India. It is already launch in India but for now it is only provided by MTNL. it is now only active in Delhi and soon will be active in Mumbai. I have a phone with support for 3G networks but most low cost handsets do not support it But 3G is a Value Added Service , so users will have to pay a premium price for the service and also have a compatible handset which costs a minimum of Rs.7500 -10000.

you have to concern to your mobile company to know if it support 3g or not but to use 3g you have to pay extra charges as it is advance and new technology in India. it will be soon launch in all metropolitan city of India.
    3G networks have potential transfer speeds of up to 3 Mbps (about 15 seconds to download a 3-minute MP3 song). For comparison, the fastest 2G phones can achieve up to 144Kbps (about 8 minutes to download a 3-minute song). 3G's high data rates are ideal for downloading information from the Internet and sending and receiving large, multimedia files. 3G phones are like mini-laptops and can accommodate broadband applications like video conferencing, receiving streaming video from the Web, sending and receiving faxes and instantly downloading e-mail messages with attachments.

With a 3G phone and access to the 3G network you can send and receive video calls, watch live TV, access the internet, receive emails and download music tracks, as well as the usual voice call and messaging services found on a mobile phone. All company provide phone which are capable to use 3g such as LG GT540, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 etc. 3G technology is intended for the true multimedia cell phone -- typically called smartphones and features increased bandwidth and transfer rates to accommodate Web-based applications and phone-based audio and video files. India is far behind in this field as other countries are already using 3g from long time. launched in India but for now it is only provided by MTNL and working in Delhi. you should look for phone which support 3g if phone your using does not support.

3G networks are wide-area cellular telephone networks that evolved to incorporate high-speed Internet access and video telephony. 3G is still in its early years, high prices are to be anticipated because of high fees for frequency licencing and the sheer cost of employing dozens and dozens of teams of engineers to implement a nationwide network and then to maintain it.
    It is already launch in India but for now it is only provided by MTNL. it is now only active in Delhi and soon will be active in Mumbai. But 3G is a Value Added Service , so users will have to pay a premium price for the service.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain