Thread: Unable to play openGL games on newer PC

Unable to play openGL games on newer PC

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit OS. I am finding difficulties in downloadng the game. I think it is due to my video card does not support openGL but I'm not sure as there are many other people with similar setups are playing the game. Is there any other way to play openGL games like Allied Assault on a new PC? Maybe a software that enables new videocards to play openGL-based games? My videocard is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB by the way with the most current drivers and Direct X installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to play openGL games on newer PC

As you are using the windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. I think you should to run it on the compatibility mode as the game is old. For this you have to go to the install folder and then right click on the exe for MOH. Now go to the properties and navigate to the following tab. Or try it to force to a lower resolution mode. This may help you.

I think this problem is because you are using 64 bit OS.You may try this it may help you. Use this target line "C:\Program Files\MOH\moh.exe" -32 by clicking right on the desktop icon for MOH. After adding this i.e, -32 it may show the message on the back of the box not 64bits or something else like that. This -32 will force your system to the 32bit mode. You have to be careful that there should be space and after that -32. This will work.

As you are using windows 7 64bit and trying to run a game which is pretty old. You can run the game on the compatibility mode on the system. You can run the older games on this OS by forcing your system to 32bit . This can be done using this target line "C:\Program Files\MOH\moh.exe" -32 by right clicking on the desktop icon. If all these fails to help you than you have to see for the win 7 patch.

I think its a video card issue the video card you have on the new PC is not able to handle the game. I will suggest you to check the requirement of the game which you are playing on the system. Make sure that the machine should accommodate the requirement by your game. So watch out for what type of video card your machine have also see which type of video card your game need.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever