Thread: Where to purchase servers

Where to purchase servers

I am getting a little tired of having sites left to right on a range of accommodation , and can not do everything I want , I plan to take seriously dedicated . The problem is that I know absolutely nothing there , and when I compare the offers I 'm lost .
    Apparently there are two solutions :
    1. Buy a server , and put it in a datacenter in a hosting
    2. Rentals all in one : server location and leased more bp .
    what is the best ? For some it says Bandwidth 5 mbps, 10 mbps. Others offer guaranteed transit 512kbps , 1024kbps. Please snuggest me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to purchase servers

If you must go to the dedicated inexperienced and without Linux knowledge , I suggest you take a dedicated administration with a Plesk error ( or at Amen from 70 $ / month ) . Now , the size of the server going to depend on the traffic ( in general, is more than enough disk space : 80 GB). In fact we need to estimate if your site use :
    - bandwidth (eg a site offering wallpapers or videos will consume more than a BP site offering script )
    - Applications of mysql ( the, you can quickly saturate a server even a VIP, but esxiste programming solutions of the type of cached pages to relieve mysql )
    - the applications servers ( hit , slot apache)

For 700 $ you have a new equipment : 1 year warranty and you can also take the spare guarantee :
    # The server guarantees
    # warranty parts and labor for one year. If your server crashes, simply return it ( after having contacted us through our support ) and we will exchange it at no charge.
    # SPARE guarantees :
    If you choose to host your server in our room Supermicro hosting , offer the guarantees spare :
    Warranty sparedisk : it protects you for one year any hard drive problem . At the slightest failure of your disk, you have another available immediately and costs only 60 $.
    Warranty fullspare : it ensures that the slightest sign of weakness on any part of your server , this one will be changed immediately 24 / 7 it only costs 200$ .

You may need a server if ...
    * You have two or more PCs
    * You copy many files from one PC to another .
    * You must share the printer (instead of buying a PC printer )
    * You need to keep all your company files in one place so you can easily access .
    * Want to share files , but you want to restrict access to some of them
    * Most of your employees want to work from home or access to files or e-mail via their laptops or their smartphones .
    * You want to centralize your important business data such as diaries, guest accounts, orders, etc. .
    * You want your own email address instead of the one proposed by your operator .
    * You meet a lot of computer problems - viruses , network problems , etc. .

Assuming that you have common hardware , so any computer can become a server without that it costs too much. If however you need specific hardware ( SPARC processor , for example) , then there yes , it'll be more expensive.Otherwise , we explain a little more what you mean by server, or more exactly what are your needs :

* Redundant Power
    * Hot changeable discs
    * SCSI
    * Hardware RAID
    * multiprocessor

Anyway you'll quickly run out of bandwidth , connections are usually very good in download and upload bad , exactly the opposite of what that need a web server. The other problem is the cuts, it is likely that your ISP does not work 100% of the time, sometimes there are breakdowns, power outages, that screws up hard drives , etc. . Whenever it happens , your server will be inaccessible. In short, for fun it can be interesting , but does not host a large site. To achieve the same quality as a true hosting it'll cost ten times more expensive (generator , air conditioning , spare parts , ... ).