Thread: Cannot send e-mail invitations from Meet Now meeting in Live Meeting

Cannot send e-mail invitations from Meet Now meeting in Live Meeting

There is one of the user here at my company that I am training on Live Meeting 2007. He got unable to connect with the Live Meeting manager and going well , and he is also able to initiate a meet now meeting well, but once he is busy with the meeting used to send the e-mail invite for some colleagues to join the meeting, An error message occurred and stating that "unable to send e-mail invitations. If you have Microsoft 2002 or later, make sure it is your primary e-mail program and then try again."

He has installed the Office 2003 sp3 on his machine . Outlook 2003 is configured as the primary e-mail program within the internet explorer.

Re: Cannot send e-mail invitations from Meet Now meeting in Live Meeting

We are running with the this problem with our deployment of Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007. We had recently moved from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook 2007. I got that the Microsoft KB alert on this and suggesting me to configure the HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail (Default) key to Microsoft Outlook. This is bad luck ,mine was already configured with the same . I then regenerated the error with regmon working in the background and got that the Live Meeting was searching for the required components at HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail (Default) that was actually configured with the Lotus Notes. Once I configured this key with the Microsoft Outlook then I got that issue got fixed .
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

To solve out such type of problem, configure the Outlook as your default e-mail client. for doing this. You have to go through the steps suggested .

1. Launch the Internet Explorer.
    2. Move to the Tools menu and click onto the Internet Options.
    3. From the Internet Options, choose another program and click onto the Programs tab.
    4. Within the Internet programs,just click onto the Microsoft Office Outlook in the E-mail specification and then click OK to save changes.

Thanks to you all for the replies. I have investigated about the registry keys in the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|Clients|Mail and Microsoft Outlook is configured as the default. I have committed the reinstallation of Office 2003 professional, I have just uninstalled the Outlook from his computer system and then reinstalled the same , I privileged him as the administrator of his computer , I have wiped out the cookies and the temporary internet files. I have rebuilt the mail profile also and uninstalled the Live Meeting 2007 client and then after installed the same but there is no any result at all.

I recently installed the trial distribution of OCS server 2007, Office Communicator 2007 and Live Meeting 2007.All of the components are going fine without any issues but not entire, our test clients can send the email invitation from the Live Meeting client. All test clients are working upon the same build of Office 2007, and communicating with the same Exchange 2003 server, but two of the four clients received : "An error occured while sending the e-mail invitation. Please check your e-mail settings and then send the invitation again."

Just be sure that you are able to connect with the internal OCS through entire web conferencing ports. If you browse up the OCS MMC console then in this case, you can click onto the OCS server running within the Standard Edition. The OCS configuration introduction page provides you the entire explanation of the listening services and ports. Is your machine logged on to the domain where the local OCS system is section of?