Thread: How to fix flash "plug-in container" issue with most recent version of Firefox installed

How to fix flash "plug-in container" issue with most recent version of Firefox installed

I am not an expert in Firefox and so don't know much about it. I have Windows Vista installed on my computer and Firefox 3.6 running on it. I have noticed a lot of problem with flash and I think it is related to shockwave flash. I have 10.1.53.64 version of it installed. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall it but it didn't solved my problem. What else can be done? How should I fix flash "plug-in container" problem?

Re: How to fix flash "plug-in container" issue with most recent version of Firefox installed

In Firefox 3.6.4 and later version, plugins run in a separate process called plugin container. The advantage of running them in plugin container is that if a plugin crashes then you just have to reload the tab instead of closing Firefox and all of your tabs. To solve this problem simply update the plugin to the latest version.

Re: How to fix flash "plug-in container" issue with most recent version of Firefox installed

The very handy step that you can be take if you notice some bug in Firefox is that first make sure it is not coming from any of your 3rd party add-on, extension, theme or even plugin or toolbar. To check which one is creating the problem, restart Firefox in Safe mode and disable all the add-ons. Do you still have any problem? If no, then disable all of them and try to enable each of them one by one checking if there is any problem reappearing. By this you should easily come to know the actual cause of the problem and what should be done then.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

In general a software crashes when it stops working. A plugin can crash any time. This is the main reason why, in newer version of Firefox, "plug-in container" is used to run these plugins. According to me, Firefox 3.6 isn't the latest version and you should install the latest version, which is Firefox 3.8, on your computer to avoid such kind of problem. This problem doesn't appear in newer version.