Thread: Remove Softonic search from Firefox start up page

Remove Softonic search from Firefox start up page

I want to remove the ad pages and Softonic, I have installed firefox and every time I search , I already have a page with ask, that opens and never stop advertising pages , please help me to remove them. I have never been consulted for any installation of this module that is also not on my list of Firefox official modules. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remove Softonic search from Firefox start up page

For Firefox , go to : C \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox \ searchplugins , removes ask if this and other engines that you do not want, then open Firefox in the address bar , type : about : Config , you click on "I 'll be careful , I promise " in the " Filter " type: keyword.URL , then right click on the line that corresponds to google and select reset . For IE , Tools , Internet Options , Programs tab , manage add-ons , search engines , Google is the default and removes all the other drivers, then check : prevent programs suggest ....., close , apply and OK.

In the Mozilla browser , the procedure is virtually identical to that of Internet Explorer . Click "Tools" and choose "Internet Options"As shown in the image below : Tab "General" The first section is "Start-up" This is where we will configure the homepage. Currently my browser is open CommentQuoi , so I choose the option "Current Page"To put in CommentQuoi homepage. PC Firefox. You can also manually type the website address or select from one of your "Bookmark" or Favorites ( Bookmark English ) or "Restore defaults"To find the initial configuration.

My browser is in English however the functions are the same places . As simple and fast as Safari , to change the homepage in Firefox, click on "Firefox" and choose "Preferences“. Tab "General" or "Hand"In English, in "Start-up"( Startup in the example) , click on "Use Current Page"To define the active browser window as your homepage. You can also choose the home page in your "Bookmark" or "Bookmark" or "Restore defaults"To find the initial configuration .

To search for a terminological entry , directly type a term ( one or more words separated by a space ) into the search box. The query language is French. After validation , the list of terminological entries that contain all or part of the term you are presented on the site . Click on an entry to view it. The consultation with Softonic Quick Search For Firefox similar to the way " simple search "but without the possibility of choosing a source and language. For more details on querying Softonic, see the section " Simple Search " Aid for consultation .

You can also use Context Search is a Firefox extension that allows to perform via the menu , a search on the current selection with any of your search engine ( by default Firefox does allow you search with the search current) . Install and enjoy: no configuration is required ( see demonstration). It seems to me so essential (saving time guaranteed ) that I do not understand why this is not integrated by default in Firefox.