Thread: Firefox 3.6.7 tab problem

Firefox 3.6.7 tab problem

I am using 3.6.7 version of Firefox, when I quit Firefox, I do "save and exit". I can not find the tabs open at the next session. It has also changed because before when I left Firefox, I had the opportunity to choose "Erase the traces or cancel" if I did cancel, I found my tabs at the next session, I find it hard to configure. Please help.Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Firefox 3.6.7 tab problem

I just checked on my version of Firefox, 3.6.7. In fact, there is no possibility in the preferences [Tool -> Options ...] to determine the behavior of a new tab that is opened. In passing I note that the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + T, I work like that. Besides, I thank the Internet Explorer 7 to have retained this shortcut to open a new tab. And since I spoke to IE7 and tabs, there is in theory the possibility to open a new tab on the homepage. In practice it does not work. At least it does not work on my Win XP. I hope these two, Firefox and IE7, both of us will think to correct their absences and their bug.

No need to be an advanced user to perform these manipulations. We must remember, by cons for beginners. A tab is a window in your main window of your Firefox browser. This allows you to have multiple web pages open simultaneously in the same space. As you see in the screenshot to the left is a tab That allows us to read - for example - the news, another to follow our auctions on eBay.

For a tab on your tab bar, you must "catch" by clicking with the left mouse button and holding this button down until you move the tab to the place of choice.Move a tab in Firefox. Once positioned, release your left mouse button.
    Close multiple tabs at once. You have many tabs open in your browser and you still want to keep one. Make a right click on it then click on the Close other tabs.

You like the browser Firefox, but would like it opens tabs and not windows.
    Then there is a way to configure Firefox to force it to open links in tabs.
    Step 1 : Launch Firefox
    Step 2 : in the address bar, type about: config , a new field called "Filter" appears just below.
    Step 3 : In the Filter bar, type browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    Step 4 : Double click on this variable to the switch from false to true.
    go from false to true
    Step 5 : In the menu at the top of the window, click on "Tools" then "Options."
    Step 6 : In the "Advanced", then in the "Tabbed Browsing", check the box in front of "Force links that open new windows to open.
    Step 7 : Select "New Tab" and click "OK" to confirm.

Extensions to manage and optimize the tabs in Firefox are not lacking. From Tab Mix Plus for Tabs Menu, via Tab Sidebar or the highly original Reveal, we have plenty of choices to customize the tabs and customize their features to our preferences (even demands!) in this matter. The rational organization and display of the tabs are in my opinion the two most important parameters of this customization, as they continuously impacting the ease of navigation. In addition to the inevitable (at least for me) TabMixPlus, for some time so I use a small extension that will allow me to maximize space in my bar tabs FaviconizeTab.