Thread: Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.6.8 are sluggish, slow and unresponsive

Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.6.8 are sluggish, slow and unresponsive

Since I got my new computer with Vista is released, I installed the Firefox 3.6.8 browser which is more secure than Internet Explorer which is a sieve cons in every sense of the term. But now, my problem was that it had become impossible to settle a new program. The download was going perfectly but it stopped automatically now Firefox is sluggish, slow and unresponsive. Please help..

Re: Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.6.8 are sluggish, slow and unresponsive

Firefox may hang when downloading files if your download history is too large. This also is a known bug, follow these steps to clear the download history:
    1. At the top of the Firefox window On the menu bar, click the Tools menu and select Downloads. Firefox downloads window displays.
    2. Click the Clear List button. Firefox clean up the download history.
    3. Try to download some files to see if the crashes have stopped.

Sometimes the downloading crashes the Mozilla Firefox browser so in this situation i would suggest you to install the either the internet explorer browser and or you can also try to change the destination of the download folder from the default which is i the my document folder. Hope that this will surely help you to get the problem resolved.

Firefox may hang if the location of the last download folder is not available (such as a shared volume or a USB drive). To resolve this problem follow these steps:
    1. At the top of the Firefox window On the menu bar, click Tools Firefox Edit menu and select Options ... Preferences ....
    2. Select the General pane panel (Principal in Firefox 3.5).
    3. In the Downloads section and select "Save files in and click the Browse ... button.
    4. In the Folder Selection window, select a new location.
    5. click OK to close the Options window Click Close to close the Preferences window Close the Preferences window