Thread: Accessing Hotmail emails from email clients and mobile devices

Accessing Hotmail emails from email clients and mobile devices

I need some help to configure hotmail account on Outlook. I am doing this for the first time and not going help on the same. I am checking your Hotmail inbox which is lost or and when I read the email with Outlook there are very less parameters I can see instantly. It is better if I can get all on my hard drive and atleast I can have a backup of the same.

Re: Accessing Hotmail emails from email clients and mobile devices

Here are some tips which will help you to add Windows Live Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook using POP3 server. Click on Accounts in Outlook which is located under Tools menu and then on e-mail. Add a new e-mail, then click Next. Click on POP3 and then provide your user name password and click Next. For Pop3 serve type pop3.live.com and for smpt provide smtp.live.com.

For setting up the account is easy and for that you just need to configure the incoming and outgoing mail server. The incoming server is for receiving mail which is called as POP3 mail. The other one SMTP is for outgoing mail server. When you click on Tools > Accounts then click on add new provide your username and then give the incoming and outgoing mail server.

After providing user name and password provide pop3.live.com for incoming mail server and smtp.live.com for outgoing mail server. Then enter your password and in Outgoing Server tab choose smtp requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected to be sure. Go to advance and then for Incoming server (POP3), type 995 and Outgoing server (SMTP), type 2.

Do not forget for choose both incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP) under the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box requires. This makes your mail thing much more secure. Configuring hotmail on outlook is not so tough and it is quiet easy to use the same. You have to follow the wizard and provide appropriate settings. You can get the same on hotmail site.

For getting hotmail on your phone you will need to install Getmail. I have a iPhone with me and I am using this tool for using my hotmail account on the phone. Get Mail is a small utility for Windows that lets you use your Hotmail or Windows Mail with an email client. You can then transfer the emails to use as the protocol pop3, you can also use all your accounts on a mobile device.

GetMail will make your work easy on smart phones. You can simply get your mails on your phone and ave them also. It is possible to set the mail. Their is one more solution for this. It is called as Hotmail Outlook Connector. Microsoft Office Outlook Connector allows you to use your Live Mail accounts with Outlook. I am using this and there is no much settings required here.