Thread: pop3.live.com refused port 995

pop3.live.com refused port 995

I am using this Hotmail Live account from last 2 months only and i have tried first time to download messages from this account. Even after trying multiple email clients like Thunderbird & Apple Mail, I am getting an error as "The server error encountered was: The server “pop3.live.com” refused to allow a connection on port 995."

Re: pop3.live.com refused port 995

I suggest you to check the firewall settings on your computer system as it might also happen that the firewall would be blocking you to from accessing a particular server from your system. I recommend you to use all the default settings on your firewall so that you can use your internet connection without any problem.

It might happen that there would be some kind of problem from the end of your Internet Service Provider due to which they have blocked some ports for any purpose. I think you should contact with your ISP so that you can confirm that there is nothing wrong from there end. If there would be something then you will definitely get some proper reason causing this problem.

In addition to Tehcno 01's solution of your problem i would like add up that when you are going to contact with an ISP then please get an information about reconfiguring the your account once again in case if you do not know the procedure to do the same. I guess your account might gets solved after reconfiguring it.

I suggest you to be more clear about your problem as there must be something by which your are going through that might be making this problem bit different then what you are discussing here. Because of the solutions for getting this error on your internet connection have been posted so i must say that you should upload the screen shot of the problem which you are facing on your system.

This seems to the problem with the server of pop3.live.com which could be down for some time due to which you are not able to access at this time. I think you just need to wait for some time until pop3.live.com server gets properly working. But still you may try to access the same thing from some other computer.