Thread: Can i change my default e-mail to yahoo on windows 7

Can i change my default e-mail to yahoo on windows 7

I need some help for mail setup in Windows 7. My mail service is yahoo and I want to set this as default in my system. But I am not able to find any settings for this. How can set yahoo mail as the default mail client. Second thing I want to know is how to setup outlook in Windows 7. I need some easy and fast tips to fix the same. I am still not able to get proper solution for this.

Re: Can i change my default e-mail to yahoo on windows 7

It is quiet simple in Windows 7. For that just click on Start and then look for Default programs. When you click on that a box will appear and there you can choose yahoo as your default program for mailing.g. If not found then just go to help and support in Windows 7 and search for default program setup. You will get a list of all instructions for fixing the issue out.

I am too have the same issue and I hardly found solution for this. Usually I am using Internet Explorer 8 and I am try to change settings for this. For that I had also downloaded and installed Yahoo toolbar. But there is no much option provided here. At the time of installation I found a mail add in for that which can set yahoo as the default one. But after running the same it does not work.

There is a simple fix for this, but it will need to access your Windows registry. This might create some system issue in your system so you must perform this on your own risk. For that click on Start > Run and type regedit. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command. Here you will need to edit he settings to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://compose.mail.yahoo.com?To=%1. Once done reboot and check back.

I was having the same concern in my system and here I was not able to save the settings in Outlook Express. You might have noticed the settings by default located under the option of Tools > Options and the same does not access. I had also tried here to perform the same by Tools > Internet Options > Programs. What can I do more here for the same. Are there any other settings.

I had just reinstall Windows 7 in my pc. Then I installed Thunderbird which was configured on my old operating system Windows XP. Now in my system it is impossible to send and receive messages. I had returned to Outlook express now but still the same issue. The same is working when I use the online version of the email service. I think there is some settings issue here.

I will recommend you to use Windows Live Mail for Windows 7. To use, you must first add an email address properly. In general, it is the email address obtained his Internet subscription. You can also add other email addresses. You must then define properly the incoming and outgoing mail server so that you must not get any error while sending or receiving the mails.