Thread: Live Mesh FAQ's regarding sync

Live Mesh FAQ's regarding sync

Hello,
    Here I am trying to provide any Live Mesh FAQ which is related to synchronization. By my observation these are the frequently asked questions on internet. I hope this will help you all

- Why is replaced by Live Mesh Beta Sync?
    We have heard from customers that it is confusing when there are two products with similar functionality. Already at the PDC in 2008 it was announced that Windows Live Mesh will integrate live. Since then, we have been focusing the Windows Live Live Mesh available to millions of customers to think about technology.
    Note: That's right, the two different products in question would be to count where those were at least once more (independent): Forldershare, Sync, mesh and the synchronization mechanism in the Live Toolbar.

- How does the new Sync Live Mesh Beta?
    The new Windows Live Sync is the first version with included its Live Mesh technology. However, there are differences between the new Sync Live and Live Mesh:

- Faster remote desktop zoom
    - Improved peer-to-peer (P2P) file synchronization
    - New Web interface that is integrated with the rest of Windows Live
    - Synchronization of Internet Explorer and Office program settings between PCs
    - Simplified User Interface
    - 2 GB of online storage for synchronized folders
    - Support for Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and newer.

Re: Live Mesh FAQ's regarding sync

- What happened to the Live Desktop and the device view in Live Mesh?
    We have heard from customers that they value these features. So we've created a web service, is integrated into the Windows Live and has a similar view. About this you can remotely connect to a PC, navigate between folders, which are synchronized online and you can see information about computers which are online. We hope that this service time is extended to other types of devices on the.

- What happens to the integration of Live Mesh in the Windows Explorer
    In this release we have the simple setup and management focused on Sync. We understand that some users want to manage their folders elsewhere and also from the pull for a future version of that page.

- Why can not I synchronize my mobile phone?
    With this release we have concentrated folder synchronization between computers on. In the future we will explore ways to other types of devices, including mobile phones to extend their support.
    Note: Ouch. DropBox can (iPhone and Android Client), mesh, was a Windows Mobile client.

- Why was the new Live Sync less space than in the Live Mesh Beta?
    This compromise by being hit by many people with a free service to achieve, we have. From the Live Mesh Beta, we know that many users have used a 2 GB less.

If you have synchronized more than 2 GB, here are two options:
    - If you shared a folder with several people, then one uses Windows Live SkyDrive. SkyDrive GB of storage space has various options that content with others to share, and 25. You can even edit office documents online (also at the same time) and has versioning.
    - If one lot of photos or personal videos iin Live Mesh has synchronized, then you can continue - between the computers. With the new Live Sync can synchronize it as good as any number of files between computers.

Re: Live Mesh FAQ's regarding sync

- Why is not the Sync Beta supported on XP or Windows Home Server?
    Given the increasing popularity of Windows 7, we have decided to pool our resources to the user experience in Windows 7 with the next Windows Live further improve Essentials version. The latest generation of Windows Live Essentials provides innovative technology, including HD video file formats to the older operating systems like Windows XP are not supported. We have therefore taken the difficult decision, no longer available for Windows XP to make this version. For Windows Home Server: The new version of Sync with the new version of Windows Home Serve, work is currently in the preview phase is located.

- How does Live Sync "new" Live Sync "old"
    Here are some of the changes:
    - Folders can be synchronized to an online storage space, so that access is possible even when the computers are offline.
    - Remote Desktop functionality replaced by computers connected to the Web-based access.
    - Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office program settings can be synchronized between PCs
    - Now be more files (100,000) or more per folder sync folder (200)
    - Maximum file size: 50 GB
    - The location for synchronized folder can now also be determined automatically between computers.
    - Support for Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and newer.

- When I'm going to have upgrades to the new Live Sync?
    The schedule is available in the coming months more information.

- Can I sync between Mac and PC?
    Yes. Windows Live Sync supports Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and newer.

- I use the Windows Live toolbar to my Internet Explorer Favorites to synchronize between PCs. Will the change with Sync?
    As part of the overall upgrade of the Windows Live Essentials, the old Live Toolbar by Bing bar replaced. This offers a lot of improvements and remains a easier access to services such as Hotmail. However: IE Favorites are not synchronized by the Toolbar, you can use Live Sync for that. If you've used the Live toolbar is currently on an XP computer to the balancing of the favorites, then it is not possible to use Live Sync. All recent favorites that were on the SkyDrive Windows Live Toolbar synced are still available.