Thread: Install ActiveX control on Internet Explorer fails

Install ActiveX control on Internet Explorer fails

I install the Windows Update ActiveX control. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer 8 does not Support the installation of ActiveX , so I can not do updates. Has anyone already encountered this problem. I tested this on some other websites that also installs an activex, but the same result In fact, I'm not the little yellow bar under the address bar offering me install the activex. Thank you for your help.

Re: Install ActiveX control on Internet Explorer fails

Go and see in Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level and verify that all the boxes on the active x controls are checked on "enable". If this is not the case then maybe its your firewall which prevents you from installing activex controls. But not knowing what is your firewall. In Kerio there is options that will block the installation of activex controls.

Thanks for the reply as per your instructions everything is in order at this level there my firewall is disabled. for your information i have been using panda and i uninstalled the service pack 2. Now everything is working absolutely fine but i feel that my system is not secure enough because of the absence of the firewall which i have been using. I hesitate to reinstall Thank you anyways.

I advise you to install a true firewall . I have a preference for Kerio Personal Firewall which is ample in its free and fairly simple to use. Download this firewall and use it morevover i would like to add that I'm not too confident in the integrated firewall in security suites (in ocurrences panda). In fact, why have you uninstalled the sp2

I want to go to a web page to see some pictures and I have the following message: Would you authorize the execution of software such as controls ActivX and plug-ins, if I say yes, I have another message: "Click here to run an ActiveX control on this webpage. And when I'm on the web page, I have a message in the menu bar:" Your settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may be not displayed correctly. I checked all my tabs and security settings my internet options, but it changes nothing, I use Internet Explorer 7 and windows xp. thank you very much for your help.

For your troubles, you can at least give us the name of the site in question please and already trying to do this, restart the PC and try again later. I warned you about ActiveX controls on some malicious sites it is quiet dangerous for your PC, It would be better if you emphasize your question some more.

The ActiveX technology is a Microsoft technology that allows you to create simple web pages with cool effects. So why talk about it here on a computer security site? Well because this technology, although powerful, does not meet certain basic safety rules and can even be quite dangerous for your system. We go into this small page to review the ActiveX controls and their risks in information security.