Thread: Skype 4 Beta crash Siemens Speedstream 4200 DSL Modem

Skype 4 Beta crash Siemens Speedstream 4200 DSL Modem

I was thinking to install it and finally I had installed the Skype 4 Beta to test the innovative functions additional than in the entire times that Skype turn online, my modem Siemens Speedstream 4200 collide the Internet correlation. I have merely one explanation to reestablish internet correlation is turning off the modem and close Skype 4 Beta. I managed to put out of action the upnp and my Skype 3.8 at present seems to run well. I have had the similar tribulations by means of my Siemens 6520 ADSL modem, and have comprise and put out of action the uPnP on the modem and that seems to have solved my tribulations. My skype version is 3.8.0.139. If someone is be familiar with it topic then you can give you suggestion here to solve this.

Re: Skype 4 Beta crash Siemens Speedstream 4200 DSL Modem

I have a Telstra abounding Siemens Speed Stream 6520 and when I installed the most recent version or description of Skype the modem jams and resets. This occurred in Windows XP and in Ubuntu 8.04. The attach was to put out of action the plug and play using SpeedStream DSL Gateway, the address for the gateway is 10.0.0.138. Subsequent to put out of action the plug and play alternative Skype runs together in Ubuntu and Windows XP Ever in view of the fact that I installed version or description 3.8 my Siemens SpeedStream 6520 DSL modem immediately restarts in excess of and over until I close Skype. Older versions run presently extremely well. I am assuming this bug is tranquil present in version 4 as seen by the additional users in this thread.

I am facing the similar tribulations. Are you at present saying that to put out of action of Plug and Play from side to side the Speedstream DSL Gateway does not run. If it does be able to you explain how to do it. Did several additional of you utilize Skype 3.8 previous to. In Skype 3.8 most of them introduced innovative upnp scheme which might be causing it. Be able to you please generate a Skype logfiles when you upnp facilitate on modem and when it collides. It would help us to locate the roots of these tribulations.

I consider I might be experiencing the identical problem. One day before Skype advised that an update was obtainable so I downloaded and installed it. Subsequent to a small number of minutes most of them originate that our Siemens Speedstream 6520 was rebooting. It occurred a small number of times previous to I realized that the merely thing I had changed was to bring up to date to Skype. I replaced Skype by means of the previous version or description that I had working and the entire has been well in view of the fact that. I am working with Skype on Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a PowerBook G4. Innovative Skype version or description is 2.7.0.330 and the working older version is 2.6.0.137. I determine to set up the logging as per instructions and retry by means of the innovative version. Once I have the log files which one(s) determine to be required and how do I get them to you.

I did some research on those tribulations by means of our network guys. Most of them are conscious of these tribulations, additional than we are not capable to fix it, for the reason that those Siemens routers are having difficulties by means of one customary uPnP command which makes them to collide. So this is a bug in Siemens DSL routers firmware. I recommend you to contact regarding this company from where you got this router and complain the tribulations to them. Be able to you ask your development guys to create uPNP optional (via a tickbox) in the next description or version of Skype. The bug in my Siemens modem is driving me crazy and Siemens determine to take a long time to fix the bug, if they ever do at the entire. I do not desire to turn uPNP off in my modem as it is helpful for additional software. The uPNP is optional in most additional software so why not in Skype.

I was referring to version or description of 3.8 that I installed when I posted by means of my tribulations here, for the reason that I required to bring consciousness of the bug so it does not carry in excess of into version 4. Additional than fundamentally you are saying it's not going to get fixed for the reason that your guys say it's a router bug, and most of them be supposed to maintain using an older version or description until it no longer is sustained and maintained by the network. Tell your network guys not to pass the buck off on Siemens, and generate a fix for the software. None of my additional software crashes the router merely the Skype.

I essentially agree by means of referring the responsibility to Siemens. In my case, referring the responsibility to Telstra/Bigpond as it was them who supplied me the router. Yes my SpeedStream 6520 was rebooting similar to crazy most recent night and I would have comprise by no means consideration a program such as Skype would cause an ADSL router to reboot. In fact I even consideration the router had a hardware stoppage of some sort rather than suspect Skype. On the other hand there are additional applications that are in addition causing this router to reboot; Azureus (Bittorrent) is an additional prime candidate. Together are using UPnP functions. I suspect there's a bad piece of code which makes up the UPnP functionality in the SpeedStream.