Thread: Custom emoticons in skype

Custom emoticons in skype

First I needed to say that I like to have skype,and just because of that I have decided to explain this a little.. I am currently running on mac,and I got success to put my custom emotions through the modification of xml-code.

But the issue occurred with the windows..when I launched the skype within windows based environment ..I am not getting any xml-files and resources,even with resourcehacker and also there are no emotions tagged anywhere.. I am just thinking that it is not illegal and this should not be heppen ..I just need to amuse my friends with latest emotions tagged ! can you help with any suggestion ?

Re: Custom emoticons in skype

If this were not for the fact Skype is seriously bonded within the emoticons, I would work with this as my sole messenger. Currently, Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger pretty much) has the better within the emoticons because you can really upload your own within the messenger and work with the keywords to enable them.

Just consider out some method to allow the users to incorporate their own emoticons !!

I am agree with you !!! Skype actually does require to go for the upgrade of the chat function in another side of the program specified , to be able to go with the custom emotions within the chat board scripts. The Skype service is extensible and too far from more consistently available, within this and Microsoft's Messenger network.

But, until Skype facilitates for a limitation of user-installable emotions, then I will require to remain with Messenger.

This is a big thought ! Is it something related to the 3rd-party developers should be able to implement now ? At the very least, this would be fine if two of the users shared some custom entities: I have dispatches them my custom .pngs, they moved them in the absolute directory and when the right key sequence is parsed within the line with a chat message ! (insert .png here). Doesn't make the sound in terrible form for complicated to adjust...

I don't love to have Skype to be bloated with advance emoticons such as Live Messenger. One thing that it should be easy and no requirements for additional traffic and complexity by associating and transferring emoticon graphics. I don;t need to get the Skype end up as yet different blinky-blinky instant messenger but instead a focused internet communication utility.

I don't consider that any language will be associated to the version provided from the Skype in the near future. It will bloat the downloading . Skype requires to be fine on a fix regarding the downloading of only the important translation in another manner.