Thread: Skype Firefox extension 2.2.0.87 vs Google maps

Skype Firefox extension 2.2.0.87 vs Google maps

Currently I am using Firefox as my default browser and I also use Skype extension enabled in it. Both the things are working fine but the problem is that if I am keeping this Skype extension enabled in Firefox and try to view Google Map then the page does not load at all. If I disable this Skype extension then try to visit Google Maps then it opens normally. Is there any conflict between these two things? Any information related for these Skype Firefox extension 2.2.0.87 vs Google maps will be appreciated.

Re: Skype Firefox extension 2.2.0.87 vs Google maps

I was also facing this problem but I am not having the solution for this but this thread has solved my problem. Actually I was not having any idea related to this and I was not able to view Google maps. I thought that my browser is not supporting this site, but now I have discovered that the real culprit is Skype. I have disabled this on my Firefox browser and now I am able to view Google maps without any problem.

I think I am also having this similar problem, Google maps are not opening on my Firefox browser from several weeks. Currently I am using Windows XP service pack 3 and Skype version is 4.1. But the problem is that the option that you have given for disabling this Skype is not available on my system. In short I am not able to view Google maps on my system. Any idea what is the problem.

I think that I am also lying in the same category. I deleted Google map of my BB. I went there on the Google mobile reinstall. The only version I propose that the site is version 3.2.1. So I installed this version but it asks me some trouble. The map will only appear on half of the screen the rest is taken by the keyboard that cannot be removed. Navigating the map is reversed (when I am right, the map moves to the left ...). I am running OS 5.0.0.436. Are you having this kind of problems and whether you have a solution? I would like to keep this version of Google map which is much more successful than previous ones.

Well you do not need to worry for this problem; the solution for this problem is very easy. You just need to go to Options then to Application and then to Google maps and then use the Blackberry button for disabling the compatibility mode. I am sure that this will solve your problem. If you are having any other issues then let me know I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

Thank you for the solution that you have given for my problem. I have followed the same steps that you have mentioned and this application returns to its full screen and it is working great in landscape mode. But the problem is that it is difficult for me to navigate on map. If you have any idea related to this problem then please let me know. I will be waiting for your reply.