Thread: Moving The Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer 8

Moving The Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer 8

I have been using windows XP since a long time and now i wanted to know whether it is possible to move the favorites bar alongside the Menu Bar for opening more space to window. Because if even unlock the toolbars then also it is not possible to drag the favorites bar alongside the Menubar that is beside the file edit menu etc.

Re: Moving The Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer 8

You can make your internet explorer browser more cleaner and spacious by removing the options which you do not use much. You can remove the suggested sites by simply right clicking it and then pressing delete. After this has been done right click on the tool bar and uncheck the Menu and favorites Bar. Now you will have only a favorites option like the older version and your space will increase.

I have not used the internet explorer 8 much because i am using Mozilla Firefox and But as far as i know it is one of the best browser. I have used the older version of the internet explorer browser and i think that you can simply remove the favorites bar by right clicking on an empty space on the tool bar and then unticking the favorites bar options. You can still use it if you want from the Favorites drop down.

Re: Loss of bookmarks and toolbar

I installed Mozilla Firefox for a while and everything was fine. After my move, my father gave me a password for FreeWifi that I can connect for free in my new apartment. The connection works fine but since I am connected via FreeWifi, I not only lost my toolbar and especially my favorites!! I just install Mozilla but nothing changed. I am very frustrated to have lost more than thirty favorites! How to get back on as before ? Thank you in advance to all those who try to help and good week!

The Toolbar may have been lost because it might have been unchecked and hence you will have to check it again to get rid of this situation simply follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    • Double click the Mozilla Firefox browser to open it.
    • Go to the view menu and select the toolbars by check whether they are ticked or not.

This should retrieve your toolbars back again.

For your bookmarks, you mean that happened to you not to display the menu , or did you 'menu with base (original) firefox, but what has not yours if you have lost your bookmark check in the below mentioned locations.
    Windows Vista / Windows 7: C: \ Users \ <Windows login/pseudonyme> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Name> Profile> \ or C: \ Users \ <Windows login/pseudonyme> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Name> Profile>

The profile on your Mozilla Firefox have been corrupted and that's the reason why you will have to create another profile for this. But it is quiet hard to restore the bookmarks. in this situations you can collect some of the websites from the history. So try to recollect the same.