Thread: After Install Internet Explorer 8 Gets Fatal Add-on & DEP Error

After Install Internet Explorer 8 Gets Fatal Add-on & DEP Error

Internet Explorer 8 crashed on Windows Vista Premium 64-bit. Hello, here is what I get: "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and has been closed to Protect your computer "
    • "Problem signature:
    • Problem Event Name: BEX
    • Application Name: iexplore.exe "etc.

I have just installed it on my windows After Install IE8 Gets Fatal Add-on & DEP Error. Thanks in Advance.

Re: After Install Internet Explorer 8 Gets Fatal Add-on & DEP Error

As far as i know i think you have missed something and hence you are getting the error message so i would suggest you to install the Internet Explorer 8 browser again on your system for this you need to uninstall the currently installed browser from your system this should help you to get rid of this problem if the problem still persists refer How to fix Internet Explorer 8 or 7 in windows 7

Microsoft systems carry some protection named DEP / NX for "Data Execution Prevention / No Execute", found on all modern processors from Intel and AMD . The purpose of this feature is to prevent services and applications to execute code in areas of the RAM specifically created to contain static data. The purpose is to prevent such a maximum buffer overruns.

I think you have downloaded a corrupt copy of the browser or you are using pirated version of the browser and hence i would suggest you to install the licensed or legal version of the operating system. For the time being you can try to restore your system to a point before installing the internet explorer 8 and then install the internet explorer 8 freshly.

As far as i know Internet Explorer 8 would include such protection for web content management, and this, in the context of placing a barrier between that content and its host. In fact, this technology is already present in Internet Explorer 7, but it is not active by default. Why? Because it can cause compatibility problems. Note that the couple DEP / NX will be present in Vista and Windows Server 2008.

This appears to me as you have installed some unwanted toolbar which is causing all this problem and hence i would suggest you to uninstall the toolbar and try to restart the browser if you are not able to install the toolbar then restart the browser in the safe mode this will help you to uninstall the toolbar from the browser.

To be sure of his aim, I suggest you do so with Internet Explorer (I have Maxthon, but it works anyway).
    • To check whether the module is installed, go to:
    • Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage Add-ons in the list and if you have the module "Shockwave Flash Object" is that everything is properly installed and that your problem is solved!

Microsoft says it is aware that the recommendations and advice are not enough. In the case of companies employing some add-ons individuals, a policy group will be created to allow an administrator to disable DEP / NX in the scale of an entire network in Internet Explorer. The default activation of this protection is changing the way the browser handles security in general. Three specific areas covered include: social networks, web servers and browser vulnerabilities himself.