Thread: How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems

How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems

I am using a dell inspiron desktop installed with windows 7. I am having a serious issue with internet explorer 8 browser since last few days the browser was crashing and hence i had to restart my browser for more browsing. Finally i have decided to reinstall it but i am not able to install the internet explorer 8 browser is there any solution to get rid of this problem please help i will appreciate your help in this matter.

Re: How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems

I think that the problem is because Internet Explorer contains some damaged files or it is missing registration information. so it would be better to get your files repaired and hence i would suggest you to go through the How to fix Internet Explorer 8 or 7 in windows 7 follow the procedures mentioned in this thread i think you will resolve this problem.

I think you can get rid of the internet problems by Resetting Internet Explorer
    1. If Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 is installed on your computer, you can repair damaged files or missing registration information in Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8. To do this, follow these steps: Start Internet Explorer.
    2. In the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
    4. In the dialog box Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset to confirm.

Re: I cannnot install Internet Explorer 8

I of a time now I'm trying to install Internet Explorer 8, I download, start the installation but when it comes to point IE fails to update the installation is finished, I leave a desktop icon to access a Microsoft Help and asks me to reboot to unselected changes, I have tried in every way, with SP3 with SP2 and all the installation options that offer, but nothing I have not had success, does anyone could tell me what I am missing.

Try this:
    1. Home -> Run and type regedit and click OK.
    2. (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInterface
    3. Search for this key 34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D) (I recommend using the search option).
    4. Click the right mouse button above and select permissions.
    5. The user system and give administrators full control.
    6. OK and close regedit. Restart the computer and try installing.

It really worked for me, try it and tell us.

It seems that you are using a lot of fat suck. I recommend moving to another browser. Well it happens some times due to certificates expires. You need to upgrade or install the recommended updates for that.

scanner007 Guest

Internet Explorer 8 has made significant changes to the way it renders web pages. Webmasters may have a long adjustment period before they get up to speed on the changes.

The risk of installing new software is always mitigated by the fact that it can be un-installed. But falling back from IE8 to IE7 is, in my opinion, unusually risky since Internet Explorer is so much a part of the operating system.
    I'm sure the fallback works and Microsoft tested it, but it's a bigger, more complicated deal than uninstalling a normal application, one that's at arms length with Windows itself. I suggest making a disk image backup before installing IE8.