Thread: csc.exe error with Skype version 4.2.0.169

csc.exe error with Skype version 4.2.0.169

I am using an application which works dependents on Skype4COM dll for call control. I have been working with this application for quite some time. However, I have just been receiving the csc.exe error at the time when I shutting down the windows . The text of the error message is as follows:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xC0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Now, I am running working with version 4.2.0.169. So I have tried checking the same with various versions of Skype (4.2.0.155, etc). The problem is reproducible for entire versions after 4.1.0.179. If someone else has suffered the same problem , please let me know how to fix this .

Re: csc.exe error with Skype version 4.2.0.169

This is not specially for your skype, it can be occurred from different sources and it just got occurred from the internal issue from the system. Would you tell me what code you are using to compiled it ? Version as well please.

Which one operating System , you are using to check it out ? One more thing , what level of update are you running on, currently, with that Operating System? In other hand , what happens in case you stop the Skype client, without your application stopping the execution , and find out it is occurring similar error message ?

This can be issue not connected to the Skype but this is just because of your system and supercop suggested you well, it is treated as the internal issues with the system and you can solve this to make the advance configuration into the system. for instance ,there are several processes or lack of memory. You have to check out the Event log for this very warning and error messages: Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>Application..

I got the issue reflected with the error message : In some rare situations the software will not launch but rather present this error message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."
    This is being occurred when the "pcAnywhere host service" is working on the same system.

I am receiving the following error message as in pop up windows within my Windows 2000 Pro with SP-4 PC. I have done the successful installation of Symantec Endpoint 11.0 Anti virus on my system . Sometimes, If I left my machine for near about 15 to 20 minutes, then I am prompted with the same error message as described by the members above and I have to click
    15-20 times to get it away. The error message is as follows "The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000142).click on OK to terminate the application"

Please suggest me the solution for this very issue ...

The problem that you have described here seems as some of the supported software has been damaged from his functionality and requires to perform the re-installation . That could be anything from the OS to particular applications. I would take this to other that manages the computers - if that is a friend then you should not have to pay anything..