Thread: Internet Explorer 8 wont work with Fingerprint Readers

Internet Explorer 8 wont work with Fingerprint Readers

I have recently upgraded my Internet Explorer browser to version 8 instead of using IE7 on an Acer Laptop that comes with a Biometric fingerprint reader, untill I found out that this fingerprint reader is not supported in IE8. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver for the fingerprint drivers but still it wont work. So I was wondering is there any fix for this, how to get the fingerprint reader work in Internet Explorer 8? Please help.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 wont work with Fingerprint Readers

Actually, it is an inbuilt hardware issue that is not supportive and therefore you will have to check with your manufacturer and see whether they have released any update for the fingerprint reader to be supported by Internet Explorer 8. I think I have read somewhere that the biometric security is not handled by Internet Explorer directly.

There is one way to fix this issue, and that is to revert back to internet explorer 7. You first need to uninstall IE8, so go into Control Panel and select Classic view (which is placed at the top left) and then go to programs and features and find IE 8 and remove it, I do not have IE8, so not certain if it is in the main list, or if it appears in installed updates? You will see that option if needed top left.

Are you using a 64 bit version of Windows Operating System because I was wondering if you are so then you will need to install a 64 bit version of the Internet Explorer 8 browser. To find out which version of the IE browser you are using follow the below method and accordingly install the 64 bit version of the browser:

1. Click the blue circle with the white question mark in the middle located in the top right-hand corner.
    2. Click About Internet Explorer.
    3. Now if you are running the 64-bit version there should be something in there indicating that it is 64-bit, otherwise you are running the 32-bit version.

I think internet 8 doesn't have support of finger print reader.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 29-07-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.