Thread: Live Mail & AntiSpam

Live Mail & AntiSpam

I am going to create a new Windows Live Mail id. I found in my yahoo account tons of spam mails. I had not assigned to any newsletter or egreeting. But still everyday there are some 800 spam mails related to newsletter, product offers, dating, etc. What is provided in Windows Live mail for stopping this out. Does there is live support provided for the same. Like live support for dealing with spam.

Re: Live Mail & AntiSpam

It is a big upgrade from Outlook Express. Windows Live Mail has a spam tool to automatically sort the same. When you receive a spam, you must inform the software that puts it in quarantine and improves its filtering criteria. So select the unsolicited message in the list then click the Junk button in the toolbar of the software. You can also do this from a window reading a message.

When you click on message in Windows live you can simply move the same to Junk email folder in your account. You can find all emails identified as spam by the software. After that check the contents of the Junk e-mail and then the mail service identifies the same as junk e-mail and move them to junk folder. So click on the folder icon in the pane left and quickly browse the list of messages.

You just need to choose a email and then click on it. Now select spam from the toolbar and the email is then automatically moved to the separate folder of your account. Once you have checked all the messages, I will recommend you empty the folder Junk e-mail. Just click on the little X that appears in the folder in the left panel. There is good management of spam.

It is possible to change the options in anti-spam. To change the anti-spam options, pull down the Tools menu and then select the options and then click on email security. In the Options tab, you can determine the level of filtering. If you want to send spam for analysis identified by the software to Microsoft teams, tick Report spam to Microsoft and its partners.

In same setting have you see the international settings. In the International tab, you can ban automatically e-mail from a top-level domain and then click on all messages from addresses in box. You can also block messages based on their type of coding like Chinese, Cyrillic, Hebrew, etc. Beware though if you adjust your browser settings using the software's options fast enough. Whenever you want a sender then select in approved box.

Windows Live mail is compatible with wide network. You can get access to an API for all publishers. The Windows Live Mail 9 version also introduces a security-oriented functionality already implemented in the first beta to fight against the SPIM which stands for Spam over Instant Messaging. There are several methods carried out by companies to avoid such but still this is not yet stopped.