Thread: Need a remote for Media Center PC

Need a remote for Media Center PC

I have been using the LG my PC from last three years it came installed with Windows XP Media center edition. I use this system for viewing some of my programs too. But I am facing a weird problem with the remote control since the Remote control which i am using is not working properly so i think i need to purchase a Remote control for my Media center PC. Where can i purchase the remote control. Please help

Re: Need a remote for Media Center PC

Sometimes when the IR receiver gets hanged this situation occurs and hence to resolve this issue you will have to remove the IR receiver from the CPU that is try to disconnect the IR receiver. After this has been done replug it once again and check whether the system is working properly it will be detected again the remote should start working.

To circumvent this problem, uninstall the infrared receiver in the Device Manager and then restart the computer or look for hardware changes. To do this, follow these steps:
    • In the Control Panel, double-click System, then click the tab material.
    • Click on Device Manager, then click the infrared receiver. The device is usually listed as Microsoft eHome infrared transceiver, but the name may vary depending on your configuration.
    • In the Action menu, click Uninstall, and then click OK to uninstall the infrared receiver.
    • On the Actions menu, click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the infrared receiver.

For the reason that Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was incorporated with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer offers technical support as well as assistance for this software. It appears as the manufacturer might have changed the installation of the unique components they may have changed different drivers and they may have configured the same accordingly to improve the performance. Try calling the customer support for this problem.

The Start button in Windows Media Center allows you access a Windows XP Media Center using Xbox 360. If you have configured Windows XP Media Center to work with your Xbox 360, you move to the Media section of the Xbox Dashboard when you press the Start button in Windows Media Center. If you have not already configured Windows XP Media Center to work with your Xbox 360 Setup Wizard in Windows Media Center starts when you press the Start button in Windows Media Center.