Thread: Download specific part of file from Torrent

Download specific part of file from Torrent

I need some help with downloading file from torrent. I am new for this. Before that I was using a download manager which gives me a direct download help for videos files. But it is also true that there are more possibilities to get larger files. I need help with the same. I had downloaded and installed utorrent. Now I want to know that weather is it possible to get only a part of the full file. If yes then how to do that. Also need some help on torrent download.

Re: Download specific part of file from Torrent

It is possible to do that. You need to click on tab below. When you load a file after that click on the below tab. There you can see list of files included in the torrent files. You can tick on that and then click on downloading process. Once done you can copy the same file from the torrent folder. I did the same for a game files in which the setup file was corrupted. I replaced the same with other file.

Yes it is possible to copy or download a single file from the torrent. There are two ways for that. First you can choose at the time of download when you select a torrent. It gives out a popup where you have the file list in the box. You can remove the tick from those files which you don't want. But if this is in case of a zip or iso file then I don't think you can get a single file. The other way is clicking on the tab button below.

I had switched to Bittorent. There are many others torrent client and each has its own support and features. But it is the one of the best p2p software I found. It provides you a better option to download a file. You can just choose the whole file or just part you need for that. I found on some forums that the torrent system is safer than traditional p2p system. But there are lots of vulnerabilities in the same.

The BitTorrent file type to download displays the suffix like a .torrent file. These files are small and contain only the information for your BitTorrent client so that they can follow the path to the original files on the Internet. The size of a stream is usually between 5 and 100 kb, usually around 20 kb. The file has the information on the total amount of data inside the file.

I want to bring to your interest towards a error which I faced regularly. It is Error connecting to tracker message which comes on my system. This error is usually temporary. If the torrent has been sufficiently disseminated, the download starts normally after a few minutes. Some are quicker than others, but do not worry, because it may happen that a download does not start until a few hours, even days. Just let it run your client in the background.

It is possible to run streams at the same time and that can be downloaded simultaneously. They will run independently of each other. The download speed depends on the speed of your connection. The number reflects the amount of people who have a complete file and make available to the peers whose files are incomplete. The effectiveness of a stream is greatly reduced when several people activate this mode.