Thread: Upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed

Upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed

I am facing a weird situation in my system with the torrent downloads that I am using. The problem is that the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed. Actually, I am using the Windows 7 operating system. So, I thought of upgrading my old version of this torrent application to the new one. Well, I have done the upgradation successfully, but I am not able to get the awesome speed that I used to in the older version of this application. Please help me with all possible solutions that can help me to solve this problem.

Re: Upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed

According to me, the reason for the issue that the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed may be because the particular version of the application may be incompatible with the operating system that you are using. There are incompatibility issues with most of the applications and programs in Windows 7. But, they work properly with the older versions of Windows. This is why it is recommended one must not upgrade or install Windows 7.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If an incompatibility problem is causing the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed issue, then there is a simple solution to the same. You will have to download the version of uTorrent that is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. Anyways, you must run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system and check out if the current version that you are using is compatible with Windows 7 or not. Only after that, switch to a new version.

There is no need to worry if upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed. It is possible that the particular files that you are using for the torrent downloads are not having the proper seeds and peers to give you the correct speed. So, while you select the files for downloading, make sure that you get the one that has good amount of seeds and peers. I hope that this solves the problem.

If the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed, then my suggestion to you is to change back to the old version that you were using. There may be bugs with this new version that is resulting into the particular issue. If the older version did not have problems, then there is no need to switch to a new one. Atleast, you must keep up with the same, until the bugs from the this new version are removed.

It is true that the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed. I have also experienced the same with this particular torrent application. This is why I recommend most of the users who ask me for the version of uTorrent that should be used for downloads or uploads, to avoid this uTorrent 2.0.1. So, my suggestion to you is to change to some older version as soon as possible.

I have changes already to the older version of uTorrent. I rolled back to the previous version after I did the upgrade to uTorrent 2.0.1 kills speed. I hope that other uTorrent users will be benefited from the information that is exchanged here. Anyways, thanks for sharing all the comments and views on this particular topic. It is good to know that the people on this forums are very helpful.