Thread: Great speedup tweak for uTorrent

Great speedup tweak for uTorrent

My computer is running Windows XP and I am using uTorrent for the torrent downloads in my system. I am searching for a great speedup tweak for uTorrent. This is because I am facing a lot of fluctuation in the speed of downloads as well as uploads. If I could tweak up the torrent application, then I would be able to get a stable speed. If anyone knows about the same, then please provide the probable information. I am waiting for the replies on this topic.

Re: Great speedup tweak for uTorrent

The great speedup tweak for uTorrent is to simply optimize the internet connection that you are using. I dont think that the application can be tweaked. Inorder to optimize the internet, you will have to use the tool called "optimize my pc". It will remind you from time to time when the optimization has to be done. So, there is no need to worry about when the optimization has to be done. You can also set the optimization to be automatic to decrease your task.

The fluctuation in the speed of the torrent download that you are facing cannot be solved with the help of any speedup tweak for uTorrent. It depends upon the connection of the seeds to your system with the file that you are downloading. Inorder to get a stable speed, you just need to select a proper torrent file for the downloads. You will get a great speed till 900 Kbps if you select a file that a lot of seeds and peers.

Are you using TCP for the connection of the ports with the download? If yes, then it will be better to switch to uTP. Most of the users doing the torrent downloads are using uTP for the port connection. Also, try doing the port forwarding if you are still facing an unstable speed. If you do not know how to do the port forwarding, then take someone's help for the same.

Yes, I am using TCP connection. I will try switching to uTP. I will also take the recommendations of the other members here for the torrent downloads. Lets see if the speed will increase or not. Anyways, thanks for all the replies and suggestions that you all have given. They were very helpful. I hope to get this same help in the future for such issues or any information.

I hope that you will get a better speed from all the speedup tweak for uTorrent that are given here. Anyways, as for the help that we have granted, you will always be given the same for any sorts of problems or suggestions. I hope to see you to help others also when they are in problematic situations. Have a nice time at TechArena.