Thread: Does utp is widely used for utorrent

Does utp is widely used for utorrent

I noticed that merely 15% of uTP-capable peers are essentially associated to me using uTP. So fundamentally I cannot set my upload to complete, to keep away from bandwidth throttling. Are there several plans to generate an alternative to force uTP-only associations or prioritize uTP when creating innovative connections. Yes I am trying to locate the reason. But as I said, I encompass my internal IP in my router's DMZ, so TCP/UDP port forwarding is not the difficulty here.

Re: Does utp is widely used for utorrent

The uTP is previously preferred in excess of TCP (if together succeed the uTP association is kept and the TCP correlation dropped). Forcing uTP is probable but then you determine to basically not be capable to attach to the entire those peers that demonstrate TCP at present. Simply µTorrent supports uTP right at present and even these peers be able to (and sometimes do) put out of action uTP. There are a lot of reasons why uTP be able to fail to attach. One of the big ones is the UDP port not being forwarded in your router, or blocked in your firewall.

So the entire uTP-capable peers that presently are not associated to me using uTP do not comprise uTP facilitated. It does not create sense, in view of the fact that as far as I am familiar with uTorrent is installed by means of uTP facilitated by defaulting. I do not consider they physically put out of action uTP. Most people do not even be familiar with what "Bandwidth management" means. Perhaps they did not forward UDP and/or their software firewall blocks uTP.

So are you saying that the entire additional peers are not associated using uTP for the reason that it failed to attach. It does not create several sense observe it. It would assist if uTorrent specified the explanation the peer is not using uTP, in view of the fact that uTP at present is a big part of uTorrent and assist a lot the swarm permitting us to set upload to complete. The BTW from my part I have the entire settings OK. The DMZ set, Firewall open, uTP facilitated.

There must be an explanation why uTP acquaintances frequently fail for you. For illustration you might not comprise the UDP port forwarded (merely the TCP port). And so might a lot of additional. When I take to give the impression of being at my peer list additional then 80% of the associations to µtorrent peers are using uTP. This is on confidential swarms although. The information in sequence remains that if you force uTP then you determine to not be capable to attach to the entire those peers without the [uTP] tag behind their IP.

The topic is regarding correlation related PPS. So, If I tell you that it's ~500+% superior than 1.85 during speed buildup/associations generation (when acquaintances #< max # of peers to attach) would you consider me. So, I recommend that you do your individual homework and measure it. It's not that complicated. Even for you anyways, keeping PPS as low as probable is most excellent, regardless.

I have the same opinion. But until this utopia is realized (in 3-5 years.), let's try and deal by means of present reality as an alternative. Perhaps get better on this x2/+100% factor (and it's much increased by means of retries) by sending TCP subsequent to uTP requests merely on time-outs or visa-versa. OK, than I was wrong, this multiplies the associated PPS X6 times than the connect_rate (I was measuring uTP simply, in view of the fact that it's innovative/added in v2.x). If you measure the statistics on achievement rate of the retries (2nd/3rd ones), then we be able to logically deduct if this contributes to additional associations, or additional PPS wink. For at present, I take the number of 90% un-connect-able peers as criteria, and I deducted that we superior save our breath (PPS) here. And yes, perhaps not retry together protocols. Not hammering peers determine to be a superior result too. Alternatively - one retry determine to in addition improve PPS.